JJB turf seen today

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Poster

JJB turf seen today

Post by Poster »

I know what you are all thinking but no, it comes in big rolls and then is laid lengthways.It is coming from near York where it started to be cut Mon and is continuing 24hrs till delivery is complete. About 25% is down and should all be there for the weekend. The pitch seems to have more of a crown than before but looks very good.
luke_robinsons_angel

Re: JJB turf seen today

Post by luke_robinsons_angel »

i hope the new playing surface is good enough to shut that fiona phillips woman up, everytime football is mentioned on GMTV she brings up the state of wigans pitch
Saints are just wiganers who haven't fully evolved

RIP Mike Gregory, one of lifes real legends.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

where's all the other post's gone, it's starting to get a bit like RLFANS on here with posts disappearing and threads getting moved or deleted :conf:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

They were nothing to do with the topic of the thread. I have deleted them.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Don't know whether this is true or not. I heard they found 10000 out of date replica football shirts under the pitch. I wonder if someone was trying to get rid of some old stock.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

luke_robinsons_ angel wrote:i hope the new playing surface is good enough to shut that fiona phillips woman up, everytime football is mentioned on GMTV she brings up the state of wigans pitch
How can Fiona Phillips comment? She stuggles to read off autocue!!!
Poster wrote:I know what you are all thinking but no, it comes in big rolls and then is laid lengthways.It is coming from near York where it started to be cut Mon and is continuing 24hrs till delivery is complete. About 25% is down and should all be there for the weekend. The pitch seems to have more of a crown than before but looks very good.
That's far to slow they should have asked me to do it I did my back garden in 1 day and I had to turn the soil over! :wink:
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

sheepdip wrote:Don't know whether this is true or not. I heard they found 10000 out of date replica football shirts under the pitch. I wonder if someone was trying to get rid of some old stock.
They would have been put there to help the grass grow. Grass thrives on manure
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JJB Stadium Head Groundsman Ian Forshaw talks about the problems which led to the reconstruction of the JJB Stadium pitch and gives an update on the massive job which is currently underway to replace the playing surface.

Video - Groundsman's Update on JJB Pitch

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=3929
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Good interview that. I could have done with those contractors for my back garden.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Good interview that. I could have done with those contractors for my back garden.
I know Ian he's a good bloke if you want a good gardener though give me a pm. My nephew used to be Whelans landscape gardener but has now gone on his own :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan