London game...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

London game...

Post by robjoenz »

Any ideas on what Gregory will do this week with regard to team selection? He doesn't have too much freedom really does he?

I read today that Desi Williams is likely to play on the right wing with Aspinwalls injury. I suppose a game against a side that isn't playing too fantastically is a good opportunity for him to make his debut. I also hope that Lammy gets a full game, because as we have seen in the two Warrington games he's still very rusty.

I would also like to see Luke Robinson fed back in as well, maybe against Cas, maybe he could come on for Lammy with 15 or 20 to go if we are comfortable, or maybe that'd be too many changes in a short space of time.

I also think that Orr needs to prove himself in these two games or I'd want to see him fighting for his place maybe with a start from the sidelines.

What are other peoples ideas?
mario

Re: London game...

Post by mario »

robjoenz posted:
Any ideas on what Gregory will do this week with regard to team selection? He doesn't have too much freedom really does he?

I read today that Desi Williams is likely to play on the right wing with Aspinwalls injury. I suppose a game against a side that isn't playing too fantastically is a good opportunity for him to make his debut. I also hope that Lammy gets a full game, because as we have seen in the two Warrington games he's still very rusty.

I would also like to see Luke Robinson fed back in as well, maybe against Cas, maybe he could come on for Lammy with 15 or 20 to go if we are comfortable, or maybe that'd be too many changes in a short space of time.

I also think that Orr needs to prove himself in these two games or I'd want to see him fighting for his place maybe with a start from the sidelines.

What are other peoples ideas?
Drop Orr and put Luke in! If anything Luke has played better than Orr this season yet he gets drooped rather than Orr. Do we just play him on reputation?
warriors

Post by warriors »

I would keep Orr on for the first half. then change to Luke. He is a good player Orr. We got the last try against Warrington mainly, coz of him.
I dont no if Lam is ready to play a full game. But i could wrong.

Dose anyone no around a date, that carney will be back??? I heard that he will be back in the summer. But i would to no a kind of date. :D
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

danny orr is a good player.. he is only showing glimpses at the moment but stick with him.. i doubt if lammy is upto starting yet.. he isn`t really running at people yet, just feeling his way..

luke will be back in the line up soon. he is a good prospect.. & i am guessing gregory is giving him a break, mainly from the firin line.. he was getting ALOT of stick in the salford/ widnes games..

would like to see williams.. not being a local resident, i have only heard & read bout the lad, but i also hope aspinwall is fit for the final.... he has been outstanding both this and last..
& what is happening with tickle?? he should at least be a sub... always gives his all!!

see u all down there sunday!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Carney went down to the John Smiths bar before the Warrington cup game when Dean Bell announcing the teams and said he should be 7 weeks. So that's about five and a half now.

Agree Mario, Robbo hasn't played particularly well but I have been less impressed by Orr. Trouble is making too many changes in one game, we're finding it hard enough to gel together as it is.
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

orr really stood out at castleford and he will do the business for wigan. it takes time to settle down its not just a new club its a new house a new area new freinds new moves on the pitch.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
redhead

Post by redhead »

I think Orr should defo keep his place hes been gaining confidence and doing some kicking and also bagged a couple of tries so keep him going think hes played better with Oloughlin at his side although I do like Luke as well he is a fantastic young player with so much talent just a shame we dont have the same problems picking the rest of the team as the 6 and 7 its a real bunfight for those 2 positions at the moment and we struggle for getting people fit for the others..as regard Tickle get him back in his defense can be so solid it makes a difference him not being there..although the defense on Sunday was pretty darn good
the little walnut
mario

Post by mario »

the grinch posted:
orr really stood out at castleford and he will do the business for wigan. it takes time to settle down its not just a new club its a new house a new area new freinds new moves on the pitch.
Is it alright for an older more experienced player to go through a bad patch, but not for a young lad like Luke? I have no doubt that Danny Orr will come through,but there are too many people knocking Luke before he's even got started. Even at his young age he has also shown he can stand out. I'm just putting the case for him to the people ready to write him off.
Danny has'nt done a lot so far and if anybody should be performing and making the difference it should be him and not a lad not yet 20. I think he perhaps needs to be played off the bench for a bit to get his confidence back but also needs our support!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

the grinch posted:
I couldn't have put it better myself. I just get angry that these Robinson critics will make excuses for Orr (not saying you are a Luke critic Grinch) and are quite quick to rubbish Robinson. As Mario says, you need to give the lad a chance, his confidence is dented but if we are constantly slating him how will he get his confidence back, he needs the fans to back him. On the field, I agree he needs to filtered back into the first team from the bench.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

wolftown warrior posted:
& what is happening with tickle?? he should at least be a sub... always gives his all!!
The problem we have is there are only two sub spaces, and with the disintegration of the 3/4 line we need at least one player who can play centre and/or wing. We've already moved Wildy out there, and Locky can move from 6 to centre but then you need another halfback (one of Lam/Orr/Robinson). I'm not totally sure Newton is fully fit at the moment, so another hooker is required. Cassidy could play there but Mark Smith seems to be the preferred alternative at the moment. I think Smith could also be moved out wide if necessary, he's got a bit of pace as well.

It's a sign we've too many 2nd row forwards, only 3 of Cassidy, Farrell, Hock and Tickle, without mentionng the kids, can play at any one time and currently Hock seems preferred to Tickle.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]