London

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

London

Post by MrsLam »

Thought we played really well today and I don't mean just because of the score line. There was a lot of support play and some very good un predictable passes aswell as good drives forward from terry(s) c smith and sculthorpe, who was also very clean today (well done lad!)

I know that London werent really difficult opposition but they're not going down either! And remembering we've lost to Huddersfield GR, we're definitly getting confidence back always good before a big final :D

By the way did anyone else get very confused when the north stand were cheering when we scored! I completely forgot about the under 16s free and thought the london lot had just converted to wiganers because they knew what the scoreline would be.

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
johnsons_babexx

Re: London

Post by johnsons_babexx »

there also playing for final places now.

P.S Does any 1 know how craig smith is after that try he scored i never knew he could move like that!
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

the grinch

Post by the grinch »

good game by all i like the young lad desi williams did he get injured? farrell played better than ive seen him for quite a while and lam seems to be fitting back in well.shame about londons following (3 more and there would have been a car full)but all credit to the ones that did travel.they where both nice people!
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

lol!
I thought they would have brought a lot more than they did with it being a 3 o clock kick off, bit of a pathetic effort from some of their so called fans. You could hear the ones that did come at one point though, bless!
Desi looked impressive today, always chasing the ball and if he didnt get it he was straight into the tackle, well done to him.
Craig smith deserved the try he got, he set one up earlier in the match and could have gone on his own but was very unselfish (word?) good effort from him, tis good to have speed and power in ya team and I think we've started to build up a bit. Like last week I think it was Danny Orr on one of warringtons forwards (not sure though) and he just stopped him and then pushed him back, with the size of him compared to our Danny!!!
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Desi was certainly out to impress wasn't he and he got my vote. He's a very strong lad and seemed very confident, made a few breaks and a few good tackles. He looked a bit meek when he was under the tackle, he just lay there and waited for them to get off him, I'm sure in a few weeks he'll be flapping like a fish like the rest of them.

Maybe I'm being too picky here but there were still a few of handling errors creeping in, we should be working towards 100% completion. I thought O'Loughlins tackling was fantastic, a good make-shift centre. I thought Faz was quite quiet, he had a few runs, a try and kicked well but no real flair, but you don't need that every week do you. Orr looked better and someone else said a few dummy runs and some nice passing.

I know we can play even better and I'm sure we'll continue to get better for the much anticipated final. Can't wait to beat the Scousers!
warriors

Post by warriors »

I admit, that the passes an a bit of the handerlin, wasnt up to their best. but they are getting there.

O'Loughlin, ball controll, wasnt up to his best. He did mess up a few times. i still think he is a awesome play tho.

Desi, is a good play. He is fast on his legs. He has good agility. An his tackling is wicked. He will not let go till they are down. I kind of dont no who he matches. I no he took Aspinwalls place. But he is a bit like Brett tho. But im not sure coz that is only one game, that ive sin him play. Dose anyone else no who he is a match with??????? :D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

warriors posted:
I kind of dont no who he matches. I no he took Aspinwalls place. But he is a bit like Brett tho. But im not sure coz that is only one game, that ive sin him play. Dose anyone else no who he is a match with??????? :D
Yeah, you're right he's more of a Dallas than an Aspinwall. Aspinwall is just like Gary Conolly, solid and reliable. Dallas seems to have regained his confidence a lot, especially after his four tries in the semis, but I thought he was gaining confidence the few games before that. There are still a few occasions when he runs in and back a bit where could dart forward. Desi seemed very confident and when he ran in field he also went forward and wasn't scared to get a few extras metres dragging a couple of guys along.

As you said Johnny, it's only been one game, but if he plays like that and improves I can see him doing well for himself.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Thought we played really well today and I don't mean just because of the score line. There was a lot of support play and some very good un predictable passes aswell as good drives forward from terry(s) c smith and sculthorpe, who was also very clean today (well done lad!)

I know that London werent really difficult opposition but they're not going down either! And remembering we've lost to Huddersfield GR, we're definitly getting confidence back always good before a big final :D
To be honest I thought London were one of the worst oppositions I've seen us play in a long time. They had no field position at all other than what we turned over with handling errors. Moran had a few moments to shine although not many, but overall they were abysmal. They didn't have many 'missed tackles', their efforts weren't good enough to be even considered as tackles. Kicking game pretty poor, and very little pace when even Terry Newton can outrun them over 80 yards. Not taking anything from our lads, there were a few mistakes but these games still need to be won and we need to rack up big scores against teams like this, but there wasn't much opposition. Rumour has it the London dressing room wasn't a very happy place, but that the bar in the hotel they stayed in the night before the game maybe did quite a good trade...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
redhead

Post by redhead »

Thought we were very clinical yesterday which is about time really need to kill off the opposition like some other teams do (I felt for London though..Im way too soft) nice to see some great tackling but some brill bursts of attack good passing and team work well done lads keep it up.
the little walnut