Another to union

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mikey-warriors

Another to union

Post by mikey-warriors »

Gasnier has gone to union now and i would like to know how much he will be on to make him move from st george is hard for a man who loves that club.
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

shawcross da warrior

Re: Another to union

Post by shawcross da warrior »

cant love it that much...
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

exactly,

he loved the club because they were putting money in his bank account every week. and now loves stade francais because there giving him alot more money...
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Some interesting Aussie "opinions" here on Gasnier's move.

http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=30907

Be warned, some very bad language though!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

mikey-warriors wrote:Gasnier has gone to union now and i would like to know how much he will be on to make him move from st george is hard for a man who loves that club.
Money is obviously the prime motivator.True example of loyalty(look no further than)Radlinsky! That's what i call loyalty.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

KOOCH wrote:
mikey-warriors wrote:Gasnier has gone to union now and i would like to know how much he will be on to make him move from st george is hard for a man who loves that club.
Money is obviously the prime motivator.True example of loyalty(look no further than)Radlinsky! That's what i call loyalty.
And Radlinski was never paid for 10 years of unqualified success at Wigan?

Grow up!
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

DOD. radlinski turned down union twice!

Second time we were not having success, infact we got beat 75-0 by saints and he announced that he signed a new contract! that is loyalty!

ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Think you will find at my age i have done all the growing up i need to do.You have an oppinion and i have an oppinion and i doubt we will see eye to eye.About to have my ovaltine so good night and remember we are batting for the same team. :slee: :slee: :slee: :slee:
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

warrior till i die wrote:DOD. radlinski turned down union twice!

Second time we were not having success, infact we got beat 75-0 by saints and he announced that he signed a new contract! that is loyalty!
Lack of ambition?
Not enough money?
Not confident he could play a foreign game?
Body had enough and wearing out? still can always sign for my home town again!
I'll remain loyal to a club that paid me handsomely for my talents without having to travel more than 10 miles!

Take your pick.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Doveoverdave wrote:
Lack of ambition? - If Radlinski lacked ambition he would never have made it as a RL player. He admitted himself he was not the most naturally gifted of players and had to work far harder than others

Not enough money? He was offered more money than he was on at Wigan - plus he would have played more internationals which run at about 4K a throw

Not confident he could play a foreign game? He would have been paid regardless and fullback in union is not that different to league

Body had enough and wearing out? still can always sign for my home town again!Going to union would have extended his career ala Farrell

I'll remain loyal to a club that paid me handsomely for my talents without having to travel more than 10 miles! and come back to play for free when they are adrift at the foot of the table and looking relegation in the face

Take your pick.
That's none of them then.

What is DOD? Why are you so keen to be so dour about any player that starting playing for Wigan after they started their 8 in a row? Radlinski is one of the most likable players to ever pull on a Wigan shirt; who stayed after the club's glory period was well over and after many of the other stars were long gone

Do you dislike Rads as a person?
Think he's overated?
Think that unless you supported the team pre 1980 then you qualify as a band-wagon jumper or glory hunter and no nothing about Wigan?
Like playing devil's advocate?
Prefer Wellens?

Take your pick
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------