Re: KNACKERED

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Fitness has always been a problem this season even when we're playing well it doesnt seem that when we have a lead we can go on and kill a game off with 1 or 2 more scores. The Leeds game took a lot out of the players but that is no excuse, there are 11 other teams in this league who are in the same boat not just Wigan.

Conditioning therefore is a factor but it goes for all the coaches... train too hard? tackle too hard? etc etc...

Would anyone know Wigan's training regime on here? what does it consist of?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

I am hardly surprised we looked knackered if the squad had a weight session just before the game last Sunday.
Big Steve

Post by Big Steve »

I noticed that after watching the superleague site highlights after the Tomkins try - no one was anywhere near him - very strange.

Coley especially looked knackered -I don't know how long he played, but IMO it agains suggests that we should have had an extra forward on the bench rather than colbon.
mano

Post by mano »

This weeks training.
MON= weights[this is called a flush out] watched the game from sunday
TUE= feild work [runing and tackleing]
WED= day off [not sure if they had a day off this week the 19 man sqaud were doing GAME PREP.the rest of the sqaud drop down and train with the reserve.
THURS= players meeting then game prep.
FRI= meet at the jjb 6pm team meeting 6.15 the players are told the team for the game.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

mano wrote:This weeks training.

FRI= meet at the jjb 6pm team meeting 6.15 the players are told the team for the game.
That cannot be good preparation, with players unsure upto an hour before kick-off who actually plays where (if at all).
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Yes they were. They always are.

Another example. Little grubber on their line. Webster dives on it, gets up and starts running down field. Most were too knackered to give chase. McLlorum actually ran him down and then made the tackle after that.
mano

Post by mano »

By thursday the players can work it out who are the starting 13 with the game plan it's the other 6 who find out in the team meeting on friday if they are on the bench or not.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

It was the same when he was fitness coach at Warrington!!! All the wire players were unfit and unable to hold on to any lead!!! A close friend of mine who is a wire fan told me that Wigan signing Forshaw was the worst thing for us!!!

Matt
CBWarrior

Post by CBWarrior »

Someone I know has trained the warriors a few times, we where talking to her today and she was telling us that the warriors training seems to be inadequate (she didnt actually use those words, but thats the impression I got) she said that Nobby wouldn't hang around during training, he would simple say, "go do your weights boys" and they would go off and do them. (I didn't know what to make of this, I wasn't sure wether she meant he trots off to his office or something or would train another section of the team? not sure)

I see two sides to that, the first is they are professional athletes and should be able to train to their best on their own. However if I was a coach then I would be wandering around bawling at my players for extra effort and getting 110% out of them.

She also said that when told to sprint they would run at 3/4 pace. Nobby asked her who was the quickest and she was unable to answer, simply because nobody had sprinted. The two exceptions are Richards who is a "natural athlete" to quote her, and Mathers, who pours his heart and soul into every session.

She then singled out Feka for being quite happy to plod along at the back (he has already addmitted this to me before after the KR game when we went five tries down in the first half a couple of seasons or so ago)

This explains a lot to me, and definatly could be a reason for the tiredness of the players.

This explains a lot to me, and I trust the source. Definatly reliable.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

CBWarrior wrote:Someone I know has trained the warriors a few times, we where talking to her today and she was telling us that the warriors training seems to be inadequate (she didnt actually use those words, but thats the impression I got) she said that Nobby wouldn't hang around during training, he would simple say, "go do your weights boys" and they would go off and do them. (I didn't know what to make of this, I wasn't sure wether she meant he trots off to his office or something or would train another section of the team? not sure)

I see two sides to that, the first is they are professional athletes and should be able to train to their best on their own. However if I was a coach then I would be wandering around bawling at my players for extra effort and getting 110% out of them.

She also said that when told to sprint they would run at 3/4 pace. Nobby asked her who was the quickest and she was unable to answer, simply because nobody had sprinted. The two exceptions are Richards who is a "natural athlete" to quote her, and Mathers, who pours his heart and soul into every session.

She then singled out Feka for being quite happy to plod along at the back (he has already addmitted this to me before after the KR game when we went five tries down in the first half a couple of seasons or so ago)

This explains a lot to me, and definatly could be a reason for the tiredness of the players.

This explains a lot to me, and I trust the source. Definatly reliable.
In what capacity did she train the team :conf: As for the sprinting thing if she's training them why didn't she correct it :conf: