NOBLE TO GO AFTER 2009 (IF!)

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan Watcher

NOBLE TO GO AFTER 2009 (IF!)

Post by Wigan Watcher »

NOBLE TO GO IN 2009

Well I have not posted anything from inside the JJB for some time as nothing really has come my way of importance for some while, but this one is a good one. I have been informed that Noble will be with us for next year, if he does not come up with the goods then he is gone… This has come following a meeting of the top brass, Noble has a inkling this is the case but it has yet to be discussed with him before any firm discussions is made.

Believe me when I say the decision has already been made even though a replacement has not been found but Wigan are prepared to buy someone out of their contract to bring the right man to the JJB.

pedro

Re: NOBLE TO GO AFTER 2009 (IF...

Post by pedro »

Im confused...as how will we have to buy his contract up as it will be up?
mikey-warriors

Post by mikey-warriors »

get rid of him this year

DANIEL ANDERSON anyone free agent end of year as no jobs in Oz? :conf:
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

mikey-warriors wrote:get rid of him this year

DANIEL ANDERSON anyone free agent end of year as no jobs in Oz? :conf:
Daniel Anderson will definately not stay in this country. He's said on numerous occasions that he is going back to Oz because of his children's schooling. Like most parents, he is putting his family before his job. I'm sure that the money he has earned at Stains will keep them (his family) fed for quite a while, at least until an offer comes his way, at least.

WW, thanks for the info. This is the sort of post that I appreciate from you. Informative and concise, keep it up. :)

AndyLaw

Post by AndyLaw »

Im confused...as how will we have to buy his contract up as it will be up?
The posting says we will buy out someones contract i.e. we are prepared to poach another coach rather than buy out Nobbys.

This news could go one of two ways, either Nobby looses heart or it motivates him. Also this now pushes the power onto the players. If they want him out, play bad.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

Buying a coach out of their contract just means that we will pay conpensation to the club for that coach.

If we wanted Shuan Edwards then we would pay wasps what ever the rest of his contract is wroth in order to get him straight away. we would also have to pay noble off unless we can prove he need sacking due to him doing the job crap!

If you get rid of a coach then you have to have an idea of who you are bring in and weather they are avalible striaght away. I don't want us to get rid of noble and unless we have a replacement ready and waiting. And the only replacement i want is Mr Edwards! There is a time to do certain thing and that replacing a coach is defo at the end of the season due to no relegation or promotion unless the results fall away for the next 3 weeks and we don't look like we are going to make the playoffs!
DaveO

Re: NOBLE TO GO AFTER 2009 (IF!)

Post by DaveO »

Wigan Watcher wrote: I have been informed that Noble will be with us for next year, if he does not come up with the goods then he is gone…
When you say Noble will be with us for next year, do you mean he has all of 2009 to come up with the goods?

If so all that means is Wigan would not be taking up the final year extension to his contract. He has a contract until the end of 2009 with an optional extension for 2010.

If we fail in 2009 (whatever that means to IL and the board) then I am sure Noble himself would not expect the contract extension to happen.

If however you are suggesting there is a possibility he would be sacked early from his contract some time in the 2009 season, then that is a very different matter.

So which is it?

Dave
FROM A TO B

Re: NOBLE TO GO AFTER 2009 (IF!)

Post by FROM A TO B »

whilst the source may or may not be reliable, this is being moved to it's rightful place :wink:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Edward's is the man, I would say that though, wouldn't I? Unfortunately, there is little chance of Shaun coming to Wigan at this time. He is contracted to Wasps and Wales and he also has a burning desire to be involved with the British Lions! There is no way that IL is going to buy Shaun out of his contract and/or remove Brian Noble from office before the end of his tenure (end of 2009 season)he simply wont waste money in that way.

We missed the boat earlier this year when we had the chance to recruit Mick Potter, a modern well motivated coach who gets the best out of a team. I am afraid, whether we like it or not, we are stuck with Noble and his contracted players, unless somebody comes along and makes us an offer.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
tom g

Post by tom g »

Edwards head coach with Farrell as assistant :eusa10: