I kept telling you

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

I kept telling you

Post by cpwigan »

and I got what for it? abuse!

We have a team that is unfit
We have a team with no system of play
We have a team with no enthusiasm
We have a team with no determination

Who was right about Phelps? Remember how you were told he was lightning quick. Do you think you were mislead?

Do you really think Tim Smith looked like the answer tonight?

Fielden?

We need a new coaching set up ASAP. Get the players fit and get the players playing a decent system of play.

Noble must go.

OAMJSONA

Re: I kept telling you

Post by OAMJSONA »

well said

here here
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

walter e kurtz

Post by walter e kurtz »

CP, I posted earlier that I thought Lydon should take over til the end of the season, as Noble cannot possibly survive this. Possibly stick Waney in there with him as his enforcer. I also said that half the team should be dropped and replaced by the reserve team, as our season is effectively over now, so sticking in some young lads won't be much of a risk. Leneghan must show his ruthless side now and put a halt to this debacle
"This is my dream.....this is my nightmare...."
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Im with you guys cold not agree with you more.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It's totally wrong but they need a conditioner ASAP and train as if it was pre season because as it stands they are not fit enough to play to any decent standard.
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

cpwigan wrote:and I got what for it? abuse!

Who was right about Phelps? Remember how you were told he was lightning quick. Do you think you were mislead?

Fielden?

We need a new coaching set up ASAP. Get the players fit and get the players playing a decent system of play.

Noble must go.
For some unknown reason the Wigan fans seem to like Phelps, i remember when Wigan used to sign imports like Brett Kenny and Gene Miles, now they sign reserve graders like Phelps. It's very sad.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Get Quinten Pongia and Stevie Hampson in both are conditioners and both played for Wigan and their respective countries with pride.
Quinten can work with the forwards and Hampo wit the backs.Get them out of the gym and running on the playing field .
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The Eclipse wrote:

Fielden?

Noble must go.
For some unknown reason the Wigan fans seem to like Phelps, i remember when Wigan used to sign imports like Brett Kenny and Gene Miles, now they sign reserve graders like Phelps. It's very sad.
Phelps was actually one of the better ones on show in tonight's pathetic performance.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

GeoffN wrote:
The Eclipse wrote:

Fielden?

Noble must go.
Phelps was actually one of the better ones on show in tonight's pathetic performance.
Alas he is mediocre Geoff and far from what our club were telling its fans. I am lucky, I got to see him everytime he played this season and knew he was nothing special. Mind you he is not on his own.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Fielden?

Noble must go.
Be honest - not one of the "clowns" is not worthy of criticism tonight. Do not single out an player - they were all crap! It was most apt when the club played "The Benny Hill Theme" at half time - it summed the club and players up perfectly.

As for the match. For anyone that cared, I said after half-time if no improvement was made or increased urgency/effort from the players, then this was a deliberate (for whatever reason) tactic to remove the head coach and that the players "no longer had faith in him". Huddersfield kicked of - Barrett knocked on, and six feeble tackles later, the giants sauntered in for another try. He was finished. The players did not even talk to one another after the conceded trys behind the posts. No leadership, captained by a player whos mind is 12,000 miles away (and how I wish he would take a load more of this shower with him).

Basics where not completed, even the youngsters at half time could tackle better. This is about desire/hunger/effort and pride in the shirt. These witless wonders are only bothered in "who gets the next pint in"

So no, I don't include you're early "tirade" as plausible. Even you're so-called "world beating youngsters" Goulding, O'Carroll, Hock, Tompkins are not devoid of the criticism for a pathetic effort against a side with little form of late. They have an "oversized ego" which far overshadows their actual ability. A stains friend at work said that (after our loss v them, that only Hock and Barrett are upto SL standard - the rest are not. I find this point very hard to argue with!

Smith was not fit and should be playing reserve grade to find that fitness, but others should seriously look into the mirror and ask if they want to remain professional rugby players with crap performances like that!
:angry:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!