Noble's statement

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
highland convert

Noble's statement

Post by highland convert »

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news_full.asp?newsid=4076
Afterwards Head Coach Brian Noble told the press conference,

"There looked to be a couple of things that might not be football issues when you have a performance like that.
Does Noble think it deliberate?

It was very very flat. We couldn't catch and we compounded that by not tackling enough. We didn't give ourselves a fair share of possession and it was just disrespectful of the opposition I thought. There are certain things you have to do to win a Rugby League game and we didn't do them and Hudderfield did."
Is he saying the team could not care less?

Gareth Hock was shown a red card late on as the second rower was denied a try over the line, Noble said,

"I asked him what he had said to him and Gareth words were I blinking scored, there have been far worse around football fields ."
Does he think Hock sending off was a trivial thing?

There was a suggestion that Hock may have touched the referee on his way back to the play the ball when his try was not allowed, on that Brian said,

"Oh did he? I didn't see that, I will have to look at that."
What planet is he on?

On the performance, Brian continued,

"It was flat, I can understand the fans frustrations, I can understand them booing because it looked like they didn't give enough effort required of the team. You can look unfit, poor and it can look like a lack of alot of things. It's important we get to the bottom of that and the team will do that. It's important the players and the coaching staff stick together.
Is this an admission that players are at odds with the coaching staff?

When I came to this club two and a half years ago they were far more shabby than this group of people.
With a couple of newbies, Fielden and Dobbo the shabbies played with pride to get us out of the hole. Is this team so much better?

We have lost the last three games which is really not nice and we will measure now how we respond in our next outing against Hull.
Same team maybe?

"This was a dent to everything, the players are disappointed and it is time for action now. It's importanrt we get to the bottom of it. The last thing we need is if we qualify is to limp into the play-offs. We have to get ourselves some decent form and the form we showed tonight will keep us out of the top six and it's important we rectify what's gone on and we get a response and that will take sleeves rolling up from the top to the bottom."
Gibberish. Pointless drivel. Stating the obvious. How far down NL1 would you need to go to find a team they could stand a chance aqainst, Mr Noble.?
gpartin

Re: Noble's statement

Post by gpartin »

We really are crap aren't we?

Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

right cross

Post by right cross »

gpartin please remove that thing under your name ,sending my bloody eyes funny ,

i think that lenegan should order noble and all the 18 men named for last nights lose, to refund all of the wigan fans there entrance fee and a apologize.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

right cross wrote:gpartin please remove that thing under your name ,sending my bloody eyes funny ,

i think that lenegan should order noble and all the 18 men named for last nights lose, to refund all of the wigan fans there entrance fee and a apologize.
no probs
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

highland convert

gpartin wrote:We really are crap aren't we?
If that were true it would be acceptable. We have the team. They are just playing well under standard. The Noble statement hnts at a divided camp. If the players deliberately did not play Rightcross is right and money should be refunded. They paid to watch a team play not turn up. HC
jobo

Post by jobo »

Everything Noble says is gibberish. Everything is cliche's, like to win a game we have to play well and stop them from playing well, he actually said this in interview.
How inspiring is that? Why doesn't he add his man management skills and coaching staff, need to take a fair bit of the blame and sort themsleves out. The team is more disorganised now then they were at the beggining of the season.

The entire coaching team should be sacked straight off. Couldn't care less if we finish bottom but these gutless, passionless, stupid, displays have to end.

The only pleasing thing from last night was the crowd. Over 12,000.

JARJAR

Post by JARJAR »

The only pleasing thing from last night was the crowd. Over 12,000.
What will it be next week though! :angry:
pedro

Post by pedro »

prob a loss and the same ol crap from the team and coaching staff.....and the show goes on
highland convert

Next Friday night will dictate as to where we finish in my opinion. It's important we build on our best games."
He added: "Our team ethic against Hull KR was poor. It wasn't against St Helens although I did have a dig after the Saints match.
"The truth was against Saints they just were not good enough with 12 men. It's my responsibility now to bring this group of players together and finish the season well and kick on strongly."

Was this a dig at the players? Was it a subtle hint that the team was split. If as suggested oz v brit stick Barrett on the plane now. Phelps to keep him company. IE take action. Mr Noble your bucks ain't coming so you can play mr niceguy.,
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

highland convert wrote:
"There looked to be a couple of things that might not be football issues when you have a performance like that.
So, there is a divided camp - hence why Calderwood is repeatedly dropped which may suggest Calderwood's 'group' of friends are also unhappy about something. Other than that what are these non-football issues that determine a rugby match? Meant to be bloody professional. Look at our stadium, our fans, our clubs setup and history and all we see is this stupid gobbing off the field.

On the performance, Brian continued,

"It was flat, I can understand the fans frustrations, I can understand them booing because it looked like they didn't give enough effort required of the team. You can look unfit, poor and it can look like a lack of alot of things. It's important we get to the bottom of that and the team will do that. It's important the players and the coaching staff stick together.
We know it was flat - it made Still Fanta look fizzy! So we did look unfit - whos fault? I saw Carmont at one point looking very knackered, for a centre he should be peakingly fit. Even Connolly after a night on the raz and a stomach pump later could have looked fitter than that... probably not Carmonts fault - is training too strenuous or not enough?
Get to the bottom? should we have done that when we played Wakefield away when they gave us a close run for our money?
When I came to this club two and a half years ago they were far more shabby than this group of people.
At least the team knew they were poor and pulled together, even the likes of Wilkes and James did heir best... it was inevitable a new regime changes results... then the upward curve flattens... like now.

We have lost the last three games which is really not nice and we will measure now how we respond in our next outing against Hull.
Didn't he say that last week? something about this Huddersfield game sets up our final position? and the week before? and before that??? If we lose to Hull will he say "After the catalans game we'll see where we can get to"
"This was a dent to everything, the players are disappointed and it is time for action now. It's importanrt we get to the bottom of it. The last thing we need is if we qualify is to limp into the play-offs. We have to get ourselves some decent form and the form we showed tonight will keep us out of the top six and it's important we rectify what's gone on and we get a response and that will take sleeves rolling up from the top to the bottom."
should have done this weeks ago
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame