were can we go from here?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

were can we go from here?

Post by warrior till i die »

Well after last nights performance what can we do to change what is going on? I seriously thought that our performance last night was worse than some of the ones in 2006! And for that to happen it must be harsh, but there is only one way forward now isn't there?

Joe Lydon is supposed to be performance director and if I was him I would be taking a serious hard look at our back room coaching staff. The likes of Forshaw and Vievers just aren't good enough for our club. Under forshaw I think the players fitness levels have dropped, this is not acceptable because in this era the players need to be extremely fit to play rugby. I think that Noble has ideas which he is trying to put across but with poor help from his staff it is hindering us. In my opinion I would bring in past players, Lydon used to be a defensive coach in union so why doesnt he multi task and do some coaching of our defense (last night our defensive line was deeper than our attacking one)

We need to have specific coaches, I would like to see Noble as head coach, Lydon as defensive coach and someone such as Radlinski as attacking coach.

I would also be tempted to bring certain players back into the squad such as Mathers and potentially calderwood. After all could they do any worse than that? Colbon did not look confident on the wing last night and is simply not quick enough! Next week i would be tempted to play mathers, richards and phelps as the full back and wingers.

I would be tempted to change the way noble is using the forwards. It is becoming predictable that we bring feka on after 20 minutes every week. We always seem to start games flat so why not start feka and fielden with higham at hooker? Feka will give us that much needed spark early on which seems to be missing (bar leeds at home)

Another thing which i have noticed is we seem to be going through the motions in the warm up, it is the same warm up and the players are just putting no effort in to it at all. If I was the coaches I would be tempted to adapt the warm up and put in more skill drills, so the players need to be switched on! At the minute this does not seem the case.

ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
dannydutson

Re: were can we go from here?

Post by dannydutson »

I agree with getting rid of forshaw. When he was at warrington they looked similar to how we do at the moment, flat and unfit. A friend of mine used to work at warrington and he said forshaw was no good and were happy to see him leave.
Other than staff chnages, i dont think we can look forward to next season as in my opinion we are taking a step backwards by signing riddell, who although is a good player is unfit, tim smith is again a decent player on his day but is miles away from Barretts standard.
Noble Out

Post by Noble Out »

warrior till i die wrote: I would also be tempted to bring certain players back into the squad such as Mathers and potentially calderwood.
Mathers was my MOM. Says it all really when i vote kick off tee carrier MOM. Mossop came a close 2nd Water Carrier.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Watch the game. Little pockets of skill in some areas but zero width. There are 13 players but at any given time a group of four will be playing the ball. The system does not change. The other teams are reading our game plan. Given the static and backward direction you cannot but blaim the coaching staff. Is it a group of old boys playing out fantasy rl? Collectively as a team WW can win matches. Are the coaches training in small groups but never marrying up the eliments to make a team. Are the groups playing out the other sections. Have we a playmaker on the team or are we rudderless. The buck stops with the coach. Bradford was not a team. The were virtually a 13 man forward pack. Let's face it their winger was bigger than our forwards. Our team needs cohession and under Noble they are not getting it. HC
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

we should sign that kid (forgot the team) at half time, played in black with skull caps... he took out an ashton (i think) player with one arm and dropped him... sign him up!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mikey-warriors

Post by mikey-warriors »

im hopin noble now announces hes resigning today live on bbe please please please. :lol:
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

OJ

Post by OJ »

Where can we go from here? Well surely we can only go up. Please don't tell me we can sink any further.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Bear

Post by Bear »

The only way is up
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Bear wrote:The only way is up
unless you go down
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame