consistancy

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

consistancy

Post by ian b »

please dont go off at me but if noble is sacked and we get another coach we would still be back to square one.we need players and coaches to gel over a long period of time.As much as i hate it,stains have done exactly this.Yes we should get rid of the dead wood ie:bailey,colbon,coley etc,and i think forshaw should be sacked because he cant get them fit.But we cant keep changing the team round every season or we will never move forward.I would stop signing aussies and give are young players more of a chance.After all edwards,farrell,robinson were only 17 when they turned out for us,i think.
jaws1

Re: consistancy

Post by jaws1 »

The coach does not bring constincy to the team the PLAYERS do Wigan in there hey day had a number of coaches in this period but the key player stuck together.
ian b

Post by ian b »

havent wigan been guilty in the past of sacking perfectly good coaches ie:endecott raper and when this happens the team gets broken up again because different coaches want different players.
ian b

Post by ian b »

hope your right mate!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cherry.pie wrote:But Lydon is now in charge of player recruitment as far as I know. So a new coach will not be able to try and buy a whole new team but will work with the players that the board wants them to keep.
Havent you noticed that most of the team as it stands now have all had extended contracts for the next 3 years.The key to success is player stability not chopping and changing players every year. The secret of Saints/Leeds success they have players in key positions playing together for ages.The coaches have changed but not the core of players has not Sculthorpe,Long ,Cunningham,Wellens been together for a while you can bring players in that will slot into their kind of play Pryce for instance.
ian b

Post by ian b »

i agree,but wigan handed out their young talent and replaced them with overated aussies.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian b wrote:please dont go off at me but if noble is sacked and we get another coach we would still be back to square one.we need players and coaches to gel over a long period of time.As much as i hate it,stains have done exactly this.Yes we should get rid of the dead wood ie:bailey,colbon,coley etc,and i think forshaw should be sacked because he cant get them fit.But we cant keep changing the team round every season or we will never move forward.I would stop signing aussies and give are young players more of a chance.After all edwards,farrell,robinson were only 17 when they turned out for us,i think.
But they were brought into a team which already had experienced players so it was a lot better for them. We have not got enough good experienced players to bring in too many young guns all at the same time they need experienced players around them to guide them and give them confidence.
Sorry to say it but Saints are playing and doing exactly the same thing with young players that we used to do.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ian b wrote:please dont go off at me but if noble is sacked and we get another coach we would still be back to square one.we need players and coaches to gel over a long period of time.As much as i hate it,stains have done exactly this.
You advocate "stability"
Yes we should get rid of the dead wood ie:bailey,colbon,coley etc,and i think forshaw should be sacked because he cant get them fit.
Then advocate "swapping" more players than those already leaving, plus a part-time conditioner who is working 80 hours a week to cover all three grades of team!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
warriors united

Post by warriors united »

agree with everything you said except the one about coley being deadwood hes very solid does the hard yards
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

warriors united wrote:agree with everything you said except the one about coley being deadwood hes very solid does the hard yards

i was just to ask what has Coley done wrong?
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!