Re: Tim Smith.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
fekasjockstrap

Post by fekasjockstrap »

i know exactly where your coming from God..having watched Tim in the NRL im fully aware of what the lad is capable of and have admired his talent.

have to admit watching him around the park last night bought a slight smile to my face,his directing about the PTB and his distribution and passing will just get better with match fitness...Have we maybe unearthed ourselves a lil gem??? :cool:
"On My Signal......Unleash Hell!"
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

God wrote:I know ive said it in the past and ive defended this lad to the hilt.I havent got turfitus ha,ha But last night is only the tip of the iceberg regards his peformance and you will have to trust me.

The lad is as good if not better than Barrett in full flow and there is alot more to come, the Saints lot are in for a huge shock if he gets match fit because it will be like having Farrell back at the club. Saints hardly beat us with Farrell in the side and the same will go for Smith.

The better the opposition the more he steps up his game and at times becomes unplayable with his kicking game and vision of passes.Opening up class defence like an old leather wallet.
The only problem we have is the fact the rest of the team need to give him options and angles in attack and to also read his game which we seem to have a problem with regards Barrett last year.This was also a slight problem at Parra where he was 2 steps ahed of his team mates only Riddel,Eric Grothe could understand what he was going to do next at times.

But theres alot more to come from this lad, a hell of a lot watch out Stains.

BTW i am not actually Tim Smith just a fan. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Great first paragraph. Then you lost the plot :wink:

Unless you are Tim Smith
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He does and we will not see anything like his best until next season. I have read elsewhere people saying play him for the 80 next match. The guy is a long way from being where he wants to be fitness wise through no particular fault of his own. Once he is fit then people will see.

BUT God, Eric Grothe Jnr - Tut Tut. Jnr is like his father he sleeps through 99% of matches. At the moment he sleeps in recerve grade.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:He does and we will not see anything like his best until next season. I have read elsewhere people saying play him for the 80 next match. The guy is a long way from being where he wants to be fitness wise through no particular fault of his own. Once he is fit then people will see.
I agree, and I've said elsewhere that he should be having a few reserve games to build up his match fitness and awareness. He showed potential last night but still made too many unecessary errors, often early in the tackle count.
OJ

Post by OJ »

I thought he was great last night and if he turns out to be half as committed to us as the last guy called Smith (the fabulous Craig) then he'll do for me
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

OJ wrote:I thought he was great last night and if he turns out to be half as committed to us as the last guy called Smith (the fabulous Craig) then he'll do for me
He was great and linked up with Barrett very well, the future looks promising, and he will get better the fitter he becomes. Craig Smith what a player thought he was great also :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wow, a positive thread!!

Agree with everything. I think Tim Smith could well become a serious threat to the opposition once he fully settles into the team.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:Wow, a positive thread!!

Agree with everything. I think Tim Smith could well become a serious threat to the opposition once he fully settles into the team.
Always try to be positive and look for the good things, not often for me not to be, (need to be in a bad mood to post negative things). Been watching Wigan for 47 years thru good and bad times and am Wigan thru' and thru', we have to be loyal to the club and the players and staff, although have had a few rants in the past :blush: but hey who doesn't? :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Seeing Tim Smith conducting affairs on Friday was good to see, something we have been missing. Leneghan stated at the fans forum that his contacts in Australia had advised him that Smith is a much better player than Dobson. I understand he has had personal problems and hope the gamble is worth it. To replace the deaf and dumb child as captain must be on the cards. Still a lot to work on in regard to taking the right options when attacking, and supporting the ball carrier. We need somebody who can score from distance, hoping that Phelps can fit the bill.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

sheepdip wrote:Seeing Tim Smith conducting affairs on Friday was good to see, something we have been missing. Leneghan stated at the fans forum that his contacts in Australia had advised him that Smith is a much better player than Dobson. I understand he has had personal problems and hope the gamble is worth it. To replace the deaf and dumb child as captain must be on the cards. Still a lot to work on in regard to in regard to taking the right options when attacking, and supporting the ball carrier. We need somebody who can score from distance, hoping that Phelps can fit the bill.
Sorry, I am being disrespectful to deaf people, they have much better communication skills than O'Loughlin.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)