Wigan players in the world cup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kirkamania

Wigan players in the world cup

Post by kirkamania »

just wondering will any wigan players be goin to the world cup.

hock would most probably be goin but for his suspension so i dont know if tony smith will take the risk

lockers is injured so therefore wont have enough form to merit a place

fielden is a possibility if he carries on playin like he has done agenst wire leeds and hull

tomkins a long shot :roll:
Spanakopitta

Re: Wigan players in the world cup

Post by Spanakopitta »

carmont, feka, hansen for samoa maybe

richards, prescott, o'carroll for ireland

will be going to watch ireland v samoa at parramatta in my wigan shirt
GEER EM ONSIDE
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Spanakopitta wrote:carmont, feka, hansen for samoa maybe

richards, prescott, o'carroll for ireland

will be going to watch ireland v samoa at parramatta in my wigan shirt
McIlorum's in the Ireland squad, too.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

As far as English players go none deserve to go as they are not good enough and proved to have poor form most of the season.

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

reaaly sad state of affairs just shows how far behind sts and leeds we really are
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

mike binder wrote:reaaly sad state of affairs just shows how far behind sts and leeds we really are
I agree with you it is sad, I bet you can remember the days when the GB team was made up of most of the Wigan team.

How things change.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think if lockers can get right and have a good last run his is in with a shout, wigan fans think what they think but other teams and coaches rate him highly and he has always performed for GB. Hock has shot himself in the foot he was a shoe in for a spot but with the likes of ellis and wilkin and JJB you cant afford to be anything less than at your best. I doubt fielden has much a shot either id pick, peacock, graham, carvell over him for a start without even having to think i think even moore of wakey is out performing him still. Luke burgess if he can get injury free
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote: I doubt fielden has much a shot either id pick, peacock, graham, carvell over him for a start without even having to think i think even moore of wakey is out performing him still. Luke burgess if he can get injury free
Carvell? I wouldn't.
south_stander

Re: Wigan players in the world...

Post by south_stander »

I wouldn't pick Carvell over Fielden..... I also wouldn't pick Jamie Jones-Buchanan over Hock!!! You can't make Hock change his temperament because it will just make him a different player!! I really hope that Smith see's past Hock's attitude and see the world past Leeds and St Helens!!