Bad News On Sky!!!!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
turf

Bad News On Sky!!!!!!!

Post by turf »

Cullen is on again - for all the Cullen haters!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

John Kear is also in the studio.

Not sure where Stevo is???? :conf: :conf: :conf: :conf:

Ben Thaler has tonight's derby game with a video referee of Ian Smith.

Meanwhile:

Tomorrow's game is in the hands of Richard Silverwood with a video referee of Phil Bentham.
cpwigan

Re: Bad News On Sky!!!!!!!

Post by cpwigan »

Leeds looked very beatable
turf

Post by turf »

They weren't as good as they can be in my opinion.

I thought Thaler did very well considering that this is the first time he has refereed this fixture.

When Thaler said to the VR, "I think it was a double movement but just check that", on the double movement incident near the end, John Kear said that that was a very good piece of refereeing by Thaler and that is the way forward.

Whereby the referee in the middle gives the VR HIS opinion on what HE thinks happened so that he can give the VR a bit more to work with.

I strongly agree with John Kear on that point, I thought it was an excellent piece of refereeing by Thaler.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Thaler should have definitely sent Michael Platt off for that headbutt. He was that quick to advise Klown to send off McIllorum in the fixture against stains.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
turf

Post by turf »

Don't think Thaler saw the headbutt from Platt butt monkey to be fair to him
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

So why was he not advised to, by the fourth official, when SKY replayed the incident, exactly like McIllorrum's high tackle was?

This is where the inconsistency comes in. The video ref should only rule on trys - not foul play missed at that time. The disciplinary panel decide player's fate at a later date, so why should he intervene.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Lee Smith was leading very dangerously with his knee.

turf

Post by turf »

True butt monkey.

Do you agree with me that when Thaler said to the VR, "I think it's a double movement but just check it please" that it was a good piece of refereeing??

Also John Kear on sky reckons this is the way forward for referees + video referees comuncating with each other, again do you agree??

I do personally.
pedro

Post by pedro »

I dont see it as good refereeing. Its irrelevant what he thinks as he has asked the video ref to check it....it would have been the same as saying "i couldnt see it can you check it". Would have been good refing to give the double movement and not bother with the video but he jibbed out and went to the screen.

Thought he had a poor game. He has something against Jeffries as he murdered him all game and missed loads of things for both teams.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Will platt still go down? first for the headbut then for thepunch on burrows. He can still be called to the disciplinery so should get at least three if not for weeks rest. HC