aussie signings

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian b

aussie signings

Post by ian b »

just read about Tim Smiths agent saying how N Warriors enquired about him for next season.If he does go and then we go for Todd Carney who has just been sacked or if we end up with them both, isnt the club turning into a halfway house for players just wanting to resurect their careers.Sorry to be negative,i know they are talented but our young players must get really hacked off ie:sam tomkins. just wondering what other people thought.
shawcross da warrior

Re: aussie signings

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i know one of the acadamy lads, talk to him about it at college in class....

he doesnt know why they do it, he cant understand why we have signed mark riddell....

i back that signing personally, but he also believes he will never play for wigan first team aswell with all the recruits from austrailia being introduced, it cutts there chances....
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

shawcross da warrior wrote:i know one of the acadamy lads, talk to him about it at college in class....

he doesnt know why they do it, he cant understand why we have signed mark riddell....

i back that signing personally, but he also believes he will never play for wigan first team aswell with all the recruits from austrailia being introduced, it cutts there chances....
I don't totally agree. Competition for places is an absolute must for any sports team. If the younger players cannot "raise themselves" to the challenge, learn from the imports (who will have more first team NRL experience - in the toughest competition in the world) then they have no "balls" in them and do not deserve to play for a club desperate for future success. No-one should be guaranteed a spot - and that works both ways, imports and juniors.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ridell is the kind of player we have been missing since tery newton left
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
wrighty13

Post by wrighty13 »

not putting a downer on it, but Piggy aint played well so far this year. and dont think he has played as well as he can since he lost some weight. get eating them pies Piggy :)