Re: Todd Carney 1 year deal.

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

God wrote:Todd Carney is tipped to sign a 1 year deal with Wigan as early as next week.
Just read that myself god.Question is? What to do with Tommy? Interesting situation to find ourselves in.Whats your opinion God? And secondly,do we need him?Would Smith feel undermined? :cool: :cool: :cool:
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

smith and carney would be good, but they are both going to bugger off within 3 seasons so back to square onr again...

not the right move in my view when he said we were bringing in home grown lads and only signing a nig forward and speedy back...
pedro

Post by pedro »

only place is back up hooker....then again id have Higham there instaed (although I think he is a goner).

Problem is Tommy will not be as good as the new halves or as good as Higham at hooker.

But, he is contracted and too good to let rot in the reserves so I would say backup hooker.
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

absolute joke.

Stop signing all these aussies!

What the bloody hell do we need another half for?
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

pedro

Post by pedro »

cos we have 1 good 1 and 1 not so good one
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

And 1 going at the end of the season
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

We need 2 props a full back and a winger,yet we seem obsessed with half backs.Poor Sam Tomkins must be gutted,he will probably leave us and become an international whilst we are taking chances with Aussies that no one in the NRL wants.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

old hooker wrote:We need 2 props a full back and a winger,yet we seem obsessed with half backs.Poor Sam Tomkins must be gutted,he will probably leave us and become an international whilst we are taking chances with Aussies that no one in the NRL wants.
Two props would be more agreeable to me.Need more impact upfront.Come on Wigan you can do it!! :D :D
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

why do we need 2 more props?
Feka, Fielden, Coley and good youngsters coming through?
Depends on the wing if we can keep Pat at FB, then we are loking stable for next year. With a big hooker and what we have seen from Smith so far, I'm looking forward to the next few seasons (or is it deja vu) :eh:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

FROM A TO B wrote:why do we need 2 more props?
Feka, Fielden, Coley and good youngsters coming through?
Indeed. Any other position and there'd be outcry at us having a couple of young players coming through but them not being used because we were bringing in players from elsewhere. I'd say we should definitely continue developing Prescott and O'Carroll, both of whom are not out of place in SL despite being several years off being the ideal age for props and could be the core of the front row for years to come. Last year I'd have said Prescott had the edge over O'Carroll but in recent weeks I'm not so sure, and I think O'Carroll is definitely benefiting from an extended run in the team. Props take a long time to develop, and it's been a long long time since we've had two with such promise. Give them game time, rather than bringing in more 30+ year olds and we'll see the rewards for years to come.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]