wildcats finish sculthope deal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mikey-warriors

wildcats finish sculthope deal

Post by mikey-warriors »

wildcats dont want sculthope according to skysports!
Perpignan 2009

remember remember the 21st of september wigan 31 - 30 bradford

Fraggle

Re: wildcats finish sculthope deal

Post by Fraggle »

mikey-warriors wrote:wildcats dont want sculthope according to skysports!
Not entirely true. They're saying they can't afford him due to the salary cap, not that they don't want him. I'm sure if they had the money it'd be different. It makes you wonder where their salary cap money is being spent though, because having re-watched last Friday's game again there's no-one in that team whose deserving of big money such as you can imagine the likes of Barrett, Long, KFC, Matt King etc would be on. Infact, I hope that Leo-Lato's paying for the chance to be on the pitch, because he's probably the worst player I've seen in Superleague all season and that includes Ricky Bibey!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 561602.stm
BBC Sport wrote:
Wildcats end chase for Sculthorpe

Wakefield do not have the room in their salary cap to sign Paul Sculthorpe, according to the player's agent.

The 30-year-old has been told he will not be offered a new deal by St Helens and Wildcats boss John Kear had expressed an interest in signing him.

His agent David Howes said: "Wakefield have informed us their salary cap won't allow them to enter negotiations."

Sculthorpe is out of contract at the end of the season and Howes added the player could yet still join Salford.

"Wakefield are no longer candidates, but there is still a possibility of Salford re-entering negotiations," said Howes.

"They are waiting for Paul to finish the season and they will review it.

"We are at the back end of the big spend, but there is another month before we start pressing the panic buttons."
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Probably because scully wants a big final pay day and asked for a ridiculous amount - ala what Matt King is on at wire
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew wrote:Probably because scully wants a big final pay day and asked for a ridiculous amount - ala what Matt King is on at wire
That's my take on it as well, and I'd have to laugh if he's priced himself out of the market. Realistically, none of the clubs are going to want to pay too much for someone who misses half of every season, although with rumours of Spotty Harris going to a coaching role at Warrington instead of Celtic Crusaders (today's MEN), maybe there's a final payday for Scully in the south of Wales?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Does look as though the greedy St Helens pig is asking for too much money, from what I read on teletext today. Too much of a gamble anyway with all his recent injury problems. Perhaps Noble will sign him, and that will be another chunk of the salary cap sat in the stand.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sorry Ricky Bibey is in a class of his own when it comes to being the worst player in Super league.