Games this season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Games this season

Post by mike binder »

heard a conversation yesterday refrence this seasons fixtures.
we have played 40% of our games against the top 3 sides in super league
sts 4 times
leeds 3 times
cats 3 times

of these 10 games only 4 games have been played at the JJb

The rest of the teams coming into the play offs have had easy weeks to help to build up to the play offs we have had to play again the top 2 teams in super league thus giving us a hard run up to the playoffs.

some 1 at rfl must be laughing at ou fixture list cant wait till next season when we do play on a equal playing field,the 8 pts we will lose against sts ,against another club we could be 4 pts better off ,and play the french wat twice is never easy even when they were poo.

so b4 we all slag nobby and the players off lets look at the stas and say things can only get easyer
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Re: Games this season

Post by cpwigan »

Catalan were a bottom tier club when the fixtures were set, we suposedly like playing Leeds because we have them in the back of our packet lol and we have always played Saints more due to the rivalry.

Sorry Mike it does not wash. You know as I do back in the days of the County Cup, Regal Trophy, Premiership in addition to the League/Challenge Cup we often played thee teams the same if not more times than we do now. We use to thrive on 'mission impossible' fixture chaos.

We are where we are because of the coaches and/or players.
ian b

Post by ian b »

i know we need to sort the team out but you have a good point mike.Next season will get better.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

The fixture lis has been a mockery for years now. Hopefully next year it will be better home/away and I hope we dont play st helens in Edinburgh, although a derby I feel a random draw is best suited
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

mike binder wrote:heard a conversation yesterday refrence this seasons fixtures.
sts 4 times
leeds 3 times
cats 3 times

The rest of the teams coming into the play offs have had easy weeks to help to build up to the play offs we have had to play again the top 2 teams in super league thus giving us a hard run up to the playoffs.

some 1 at rfl must be laughing at ou fixture list cant wait till next season when we do play on a equal playing field,the 8 pts we will lose against sts ,against another club we could be 4 pts better off ,and play the french wat twice is never easy even when they were poo.

so b4 we all slag nobby and the players off lets look at the stas and say things can only get easyer
That doesn't explain the poor results against the (so-called) weaker sides, though.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

mike binder wrote:heard a conversation yesterday refrence this seasons fixtures.
sts 4 times
leeds 3 times
cats 3 times

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan wrote:Catalan were a bottom tier club when the fixtures were set, we suposedly like playing Leeds because we have them in the back of our packet lol and we have always played Saints more due to the rivalry.

Sorry Mike it does not wash. You know as I do back in the days of the County Cup, Regal Trophy, Premiership in addition to the League/Challenge Cup we often played thee teams the same if not more times than we do now. We use to thrive on 'mission impossible' fixture chaos.

didnt think it would with you anuy way ,fact of he matters is 40 % of our games have been against the top 3 in super league as any 1 else played them so many times ,and yes cats were a lower tier team but twice away was never easy even when they were bad ,cp i think you need to get back to school b4 u get us all depressed
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

As I have already posted I think we will do a lot better next year. You have to remember too that you are talking about Wigan. The fan base is massive and the expectatns to boot. Every game becomes a derby game. As Mike says we have played the big boys more than most. It has to take its toll. In the Hud game the wheels came of the bus. It happens. Look at football look how many superclubs have been beaten by lower league opposition. To us it was lowly Hud. Stains it was Cas. To us it was a game to them it was a derby, I can see this site going down the tubes by Christmas. Already some are staying away for the doom and gloom. What will happen when the season ends and all we have is thunder clouds till next season. Funny how the tempo of the site changed whnn IL said he read it. War drums have been beating ever since. Which team is aboe us that at the beginning of the season you though would not be there except Cats. The season evened itself out as expected. If we had a more favourable draw we would have been higher. Next year the playing field is level unless the big games are heaped on us at the end like last. The boys have to enjoy their rugby. Bitching fans cannot help. Oh and my wife as been a Wigan fan from the late 50's Her earliest memories are sitting with her dad listening to the radio broadcasts of matches. Thought I would put that in as the forerunner to a big gripe coming usually starts I have followed my team for forty years but. Get real. The cap keeps good teams down. We have to build a team with a limited budget. If we can get the best for less so be it even if we have to build a rehab clinic. As IL has said. Some people we cannot afford because of the cap. Finally remember that the pressure is on Stains come the 6/9 We need it to cement a 5/6 position academic really. They need it for the league win. Let's upset the party. They are playing two cup finals in two weeks where we have a rest and another day at the office. Wigan win.
Jim
pedro

Post by pedro »

Was agreeing until you mentioned the cap.

He said we cannot afford Bederus yet the club with the most stars can.

We have a weaker squad than Leeds and Saints and they sign who they want.....doesnt sound right to me. People say they break it....then we should break it teh same way.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Nobby`s Girl wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Catalan were a bottom tier club when the fixtures were set, we suposedly like playing Leeds because we have them in the back of our packet lol and we have always played Saints more due to the rivalry.

Cp I think its time you stopped looking back on the past and realised its the 21sst century....

and Geoffn, who do you class as a weaker team then? Just because they are at the lower and even bottom of the table doesn’t mean they are "easy to win" Yes we are Wigan, the best rugby team in the world, we should win these games with our eyes shut but…….like I said to CP, .....

Welcome to super league X111!

:eusa17:
You need to stop making excuses Gemma

I do not see St Helens complaining nor Leeds. They have had injuries. Can you imagine Noble if he had to play without Fielden and Coley jusy as Saints had to without Fozzard and Cayless. Humpty dumpty would have a great fall.

Winners overcome obstacles, Losers make mountains out of molehills.

I prefer to learn from history Gemma. That is its value. Take those Cherry n White tinted Noble spectacles off.