PC problems

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Cleveland Pieman

PC problems

Post by Cleveland Pieman »

For the last 2 days when i have tried to get onto this site I am receiving an error message saying i am not authorized to view it. I know nothing about computers but am only getting on by going through the email news update emails that I havent deleted.

There seems to be fewer messages than usual on the board in the last 2 days considering it is our big day on Saturday - is this a coincidence or are many others having the problem. I have spoken to another site user who can also having the same problem. Am I imagining it, is it my computer or is it the newly unleashed stains virus? :eh:
Inceywincey

Re: PC problems

Post by Inceywincey »

Cleveland Pieman posted:
For the last 2 days when i have tried to get onto this site I am receiving an error message saying i am not authorized to view it. I know nothing about computers but am only getting on by going through the email news update emails that I havent deleted.

There seems to be fewer messages than usual on the board in the last 2 days considering it is our big day on Saturday - is this a coincidence or are many others having the problem. I have spoken to another site user who can also having the same problem. Am I imagining it, is it my computer or is it the newly unleashed stains virus? :eh:
No it's not only you,I'm getting a message saying Forbidden you do not have permission to view this server.I thought it was an opinion expressed that had caused umbridge. C'mon Mike get the finger out we've only two days to go and we Wanna Talk!!!!!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

I think everyone is having the same trouble, I think perhaps Mike is changing servers and so it's giving jip and the usual address doesn't work as it should.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

You can still get on through

http://130.88.246.72/cgi-bin/wigan/

typing in that part of it. Thats what I've been doing.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Moore_115

Post by Moore_115 »

yeah i also receved it i thought it was just me until i read this topic but i havent typed that in Mrs Lam says 2 im just using the nomal address it seams 2 be work with that now
Every thing is funny as long as it is happening to someone else.
warriors

Post by warriors »

I tried to get on the site lots of ways but it wouldnt. Was Mike doing something to it??? Changein it around or somethin???
Welsh Warrior

Post by Welsh Warrior »

I have had the same problems. I'm no whizzkid on these gadgets and wondered if it was me. Then I thought that perhaps someone thought I was a spy and had me kicked off. Happily back in this morning. YES. Two days to go. yyyyyeeeeeehhhhhhaaaaaaa.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

LOL i got the same 1 sounds like it was done on purpose if some major changes were being done im sure we'll find out
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Mike
Site Admin

Site outage

Post by Mike »

Hi all

The site has not been available from http://www.wigan-warriors.com for the last
two days. It is now back and won't go away again.
This has been my fault, not the fault of individual users.

Sorry about that - I changed servers and it took longer than they said it would (2 days instead of 2 hours).

The site is running on my works PC and is getting too popular for me to continue as it is using all my processor too often.

I am moving the site to another commercial server (the setup for which caused the problems). However, I won't do anything else until at least a week after the final to prevent any more outages.

I may have to put some ads on the site (or have a donation scheme) to cover the increased costs incurred by using a commerical server. I have a couple of other options to pay for it before I have to do that though.

However, I would hope that the site will be a bit faster - although I'm not sure about this yet.

Sorry for the break in service
Mike
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wolftown warrior

Re: Site outage

Post by wolftown warrior »

yep.. i was worried we lost ur site mike!! LOL
nothing for 2 days. but glad u got it sorted!! good to be back!!

:D