Re: Do we deserve a club?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

wgnwrs wrote:Our fans are crap, we don't sing, we don't get behind the team, we boo, we complain, we abuse players, we abuse the coach.

And the result of this is we abuse the club's name.

Walking out the ground the other week when we beat Wakefield, I heard a Wakefield fan "Weren't the Wigan fans shite"
Well said that man.
I was more suprised you "found" a travelling Wakefield fan to have a conversation with!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

wgnwrs wrote:Our fans are crap, we don't sing, we don't get behind the team, we boo, we complain, we abuse players, we abuse the coach.

Walking out the ground the other week when we beat Wakefield, I heard a Wakefield fan "Weren't the Wigan fans shite"

Well said that man.
Wigan fans don't have much to sing about at the moment, Wigan RLFC has gone from being on the the best rugby league teams of all time to the laugh stock of super league. Wigan play boring rugby and are dependant on overseas players just to keep them an average team. The Wigan RLFC name was ruined long ago and the loyal supporters are about the only thing that keep any dignity left in the club.

Wigan fans are probably some of the best in Super League they turn up to watch Wigan play even though Wigan have been embarrassed in Wigan v St Helens matches and played poorly against Huddersfield and Leeds.

Fans have every right to boo, moan and complain about what is happening at Wigan at the moment, apart from turning up and supporting the club what else can the fans do, at some point the players and coaching staff have to do something to make Wigan great again.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Uh-oh!

2nd best home attendances, 1st best away attendances

we're sh*** arent we!?

what a ridiculous comment. 15,000 sh*** wigan fans? dont you think the vast majority of us fans arent rlfans and not sheep?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

MrDave wrote:

Well said that man.
Wigan fans don't have much to sing about at the moment, Wigan RLFC has gone from being on the the best rugby league teams of all time to the laugh stock of super league. Wigan play boring rugby and are dependant on overseas players just to keep them an average team. The Wigan RLFC name was ruined long ago and the loyal supporters are about the only thing that keep any dignity left in the club.

Wigan fans are probably some of the best in Super League they turn up to watch Wigan play even though Wigan have been embarrassed in Wigan v St Helens matches and played poorly against Huddersfield and Leeds.

Fans have every right to boo, moan and complain about what is happening at Wigan at the moment, apart from turning up and supporting the club what else can the fans do, at some point the players and coaching staff have to do something to make Wigan great again.
We where the laughing stock of rugby league when the club let our morals go out of the window when we signed Ian Wayward as our coach, it has been all down hill since then. Ok maybe before then but it takes a long time to get the ethos of a club back on track.

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Well said that man.
Well said that man?

Why didn't you keep going with him then, and once you got to Wakefield you could experience what a real crowd is like - so long as the term 'crowd' can be applied to 4,000 people.

The very idea of criticim for the Wigan crowd from a Wakey fan is absolutely laughable, as it would be from a Saints fan, a Cas fan, a Hudds fan, etc. Yet strangely, to hear such crap from a Wigan fan doesn't eally surprise me. There definitely is a clique of spoiled brats in our camp, who will moan and complain at whatever happens. Even when we were in our pomp, these people weren't satisfied, and used to call for the heads of Graham Lowe, Ellery Hanley, Shaun Edwards etc.

So maybe you're right, there are some of us who don't deserve a club - and on the strength of the opinion you put forward on this thread, I'd say that you were a good example of them.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

We also supported the team when they were adrift at the foot of the table and when they suffered record defeats to Leeds and stains

So the Wigan fans don't sing? The choruses of "you aren't fit to referee" sung to Thaler at the Wakey match prove that be a load of tosh. As does the standing ovation they recieved when the took the field against Hull following the humiliation against the giants.

So the supporters of all the other clubs never boo or complain about their team? Of course they do.

Whilst there is a minority of negative fans that are never happy - most of the Wigan fans want the team to do well above all other things.
wgnwrs wrote: And the result of this is we abuse the club's name.
How do we abuse the club's name?
wgnwrs wrote: Walking out the ground the other week when we beat Wakefield, I heard a Wakefield fan "Weren't the Wigan fans shite"

Well said that man.
Considering Wakefield had just been beaten (despite the referee giving them a man advantage) it's hardly surprising that the wakey fan needed to find something to complain about. Do you think that he would have been criticizing the Wigan fans if they had won? No, me neither

You harp on about how everyone should be loyal to the club - however despite what you may think; you clearly aren't - you criticize the fans; clearly believing that you are the only one who is a "real fan" and that no-one else is worthy.

This has been a disappointing season for most fans. We are on the outside fringes of the play-offs and look unlikely to mount any kind of serious challenge to Old Trafford. We have been roundly thrashed by our most hated rivals every time we have faced them - this is even harder to take considering that they look very likely to make a clean sweep of the trophies - again

Whilst I don't agree with everything that is said on here - everyone wants what is best for the club (and opinion on that varies wildly). Clearly something needs to change if we are to have any hope of winning anything anytime soon.

Blindly cheering and singing all of the time even when things go badly wrong (which is basically what you appear to want everyone to do) will achieve nothing. If gives the players and club management no incentive to try harder.

I get the feeling that even if everyone were to cheer and clap whenever we are on the wrong side of a 50 point thrashing; that you would find some way to make it all about the fans! In fact any fan that is smiling, clapping and singing after we take yet another drubbing from the scousers can't care about the club that much - I don't know about anyone else; but it ****ing hurts me
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Do we deserve a club?

You are asking the wrong question.

At the moment it should be "Do the club deserve the fans?"

The support this distinctly average uncompetitive team of ours gets is astonishing and what is more just about everyone on this message board is actively part of that support going to games.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

We are voicing opinions unlike yourself who believes everything the club are telling him then...if you actually watched a game you would see what people are saying.

Go somewhere else you gulible troll!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Matthew wrote:
We also supported the team when they were adrift at the foot of the table and when they suffered record defeats to Leeds and stains

So the Wigan fans don't sing? The choruses of "you aren't fit to referee" sung to Thaler at the Wakey match prove that be a load of tosh. As does the standing ovation they recieved when the took the field against Hull following the humiliation against the giants.

So the supporters of all the other clubs never boo or complain about their team? Of course they do.

Whilst there is a minority of negative fans that are never happy - most of the Wigan fans want the team to do well above all other things.
wgnwrs wrote: And the result of this is we abuse the club's name.
How do we abuse the club's name?
wgnwrs wrote: Walking out the ground the other week when we beat Wakefield, I heard a Wakefield fan "Weren't the Wigan fans shite"

Well said that man.
Considering Wakefield had just been beaten (despite the referee giving them a man advantage) it's hardly surprising that the wakey fan needed to find something to complain about. Do you think that he would have been criticizing the Wigan fans if they had won? No, me neither

You harp on about how everyone should be loyal to the club - however despite what you may think; you clearly aren't - you criticize the fans; clearly believing that you are the only one who is a "real fan" and that no-one else is worthy.

This has been a disappointing season for most fans. We are on the outside fringes of the play-offs and look unlikely to mount any kind of serious challenge to Old Trafford. We have been roundly thrashed by our most hated rivals every time we have faced them - this is even harder to take considering that they look very likely to make a clean sweep of the trophies - again

Whilst I don't agree with everything that is said on here - everyone wants what is best for the club (and opinion on that varies wildly). Clearly something needs to change if we are to have any hope of winning anything anytime soon.

Blindly cheering and singing all of the time even when things go badly wrong (which is basically what you appear to want everyone to do) will achieve nothing. If gives the players and club management no incentive to try harder.

I get the feeling that even if everyone were to cheer and clap whenever we are on the wrong side of a 50 point thrashing; that you would find some way to make it all about the fans! In fact any fan that is smiling, clapping and singing after we take yet another drubbing from the scousers can't care about the club that much - I don't know about anyone else; but it ****ing hurts me
Well said Matthew, I don't agree with what everyone says on here but they, as I, are entitled to their opinions, it hurts me everytime we get beaten be it 1 point or 50 points and losing to stains is just unbearable. I just want my team, Wigan, to do well.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
privateryan

Post by privateryan »

It is called 'cause and effect' the CAUSE of the lack of vocal support is the crap being dished up on the pitch. If they put their heart and soul into it instead of just turning up and taking money under the false pretence of playing rugby then maybe the EFFECT would be a more vocal backing. The question is not do we deserve a good team surely it is does that lot of crap deserve unstinting support no matter what. Nobody has the luxury of being immune from crtiscism.
yay!