Stanton gone to Leigh, permanent move

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Stanton gone to Leigh, permanent move

Post by DaveO »

Jinkin' Jimmy who occasionally posts on here has said this is the case on rlfans.

So there is a good chance its a fact not a rumour IMO but until we here for sure I thought here was the place to post it.

Anyone who watches the reserve games got ant thoughts about one of the young players who's name is often mentioned going to Leigh like this?

Dave
Cruncher

Re: Stanton gone to Leigh, permanent move

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO wrote:Jinkin' Jimmy who occasionally posts on here has said this is the case on rlfans.

So there is a good chance its a fact not a rumour IMO but until we here for sure I thought here was the place to post it.

Anyone who watches the reserve games got ant thoughts about one of the young players who's name is often mentioned going to Leigh like this?

Dave
If he's gone to Leigh, it doesn't sound as if we've lost someone who'd have lit up the sky for us. If he'd gone to Saints I'd have been a lot more worried.

Personally, I always worried about Stanton's size. People use to tackle me for that, saying that Brett Dallas was similar, but the several times I watched Stanton he was no Brett Dallas - nothing like.

cpwigan

Re: Stanton gone to Leigh, per...

Post by cpwigan »

It is correct. I was told a fortnight ago it was happening but until it was confirmed I was going to say nothing.

An absolute disgrace. At no time has he been given an opportunity to prove or disprove whether he could make it in SL with Wigan RLFC. There have been umpteen opportunities to give him games, especially when we continued to play Colbon.

To the best of my knowledge. He is the fastest player in the club. He is a consumate professional. Unfortunately he is small in stature and with Noble as coach that is a huge negative. Ainscough is a year or two younger. Who is to say that if Noble remains he will not be treated exactly the same. We have a moron as a coach. Anything is possible.

Currently, Stanton is the better of our two excellent wingers. His all round game is stronger than Ainscough. He is an excellent finisher, brilliant at hard yards up the ruck, a goal kicker. For me in 4 years, Stanton and Ainscough would have been a great pair of wingers.

What is worse. Stanton is not alone. Others are rumoured to be considering their futures. How can anybody respect a club that treats players so unfairly.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oh, Alex BP on Rlfans. This guy is clueless.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

cpwigan wrote:It is correct. I was told a fortnight ago it was happening but until it was confirmed I was going to say nothing.

An absolute disgrace. At no time has he been given an opportunity to prove or disprove whether he could make it in SL with Wigan RLFC. There have been umpteen opportunities to give him games, especially when we continued to play Colbon.

To the best of my knowledge. He is the fastest player in the club. He is a consumate professional. Unfortunately he is small in stature and with Noble as coach that is a huge negative. Ainscough is a year or two younger. Who is to say that if Noble remains he will not be treated exactly the same. We have a moron as a coach. Anything is possible.

Currently, Stanton is the better of our two excellent wingers. His all round game is stronger than Ainscough. He is an excellent finisher, brilliant at hard yards up the ruck, a goal kicker. For me in 4 years, Stanton and Ainscough would have been a great pair of wingers.

What is worse. Stanton is not alone. Others are rumoured to be considering their futures. How can anybody respect a club that treats players so unfairly.
As I said before. If he was genuinely an immense talent waiting to burst onto the scene, I'm sure someone with more nouse than Leigh would have signed him.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Oh, Alex BP on Rlfans. This guy is clueless.
as are many others on there, King Piemon/King Warrior or whatever he calls himself these days is one of the biggest tools on there, anyone remember him coming on here spouiting off about a picture of this seasons kit :lol:

as for Stanton, if he has gone, then the powers that must not think he is good enough or as some buffoons on RLfans would say, he is not Wigan standard
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher wrote: As I said before. If he was genuinely an immense talent waiting to burst onto the scene, I'm sure someone with more nouse than Leigh would have signed him.
We got rid of a certain Mr. Long to Widnes when Widnes were down in the dumps and a second string side (after their successful years).

It didn't take Saints long to sign Long (!) from them did it?

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We do not have an immense talent in our reserves or academy. They are incredibly rare. What I do know is that put in the clear Stanton scores every time, put him 1 v 1 with a fullback and he scores, give him the slightest opening close to the line, he scores (this really irks me about Wigan 2008 - Both Stanton and Ainscough are small and fast which is actually the best build for finishing moves from 5 to 10 yards out but Wigan seem obsessed with let's run over the top of people). The kid is tough as, determined as hell, dedicated (far more than nearly all our youngsters)

If Colbon and Mathers are SL players then so are the Donkeys on Blackpool Beach. It cannot be right that these 2 donkeys get chance after chance but what chances has Stanton or Ainscough had? ZERO

Stanton as I say may not be alone. A youngster with first team experience has not signed the contract put on the table.
fekas scrum hat

Post by fekas scrum hat »

stanton got offers from a few teams last season as well as union,he stayed with wigan because noble promised him first team action,in which we all know hasnt happened,this sounds like a case of false promises,i heard that noble has told him that there isnt a chance next year of first team action so stanton has decided his future lies elsewhere.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

DaveO wrote:
Cruncher wrote: As I said before. If he was genuinely an immense talent waiting to burst onto the scene, I'm sure someone with more nouse than Leigh would have signed him.
We got rid of a certain Mr. Long to Widnes when Widnes were down in the dumps and a second string side (after their successful years).

It didn't take Saints long to sign Long (!) from them did it?

Dave
And that means it'll happen again?

Be honest. The majority of players who leave SL clubs to go to NL1, do it because they're not of an adequate standard. And most of them never return.

Stanton is a pretty impressive player in the Academy, for all the reasons that CP Wigan underlines above. But this means precisely nothing when it comes to SL.