Cardiff calling

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Cardiff calling

Post by Fraggle »

Warrior Wills posted:
Fragile - oopps sorry Fraggle, I apologise for the word that has caused offence, it isn't really fitting towards our most fiercest competitors. Ba$££ds would of been a much better choice of vocabulary. Sorry Joke !!!

I have to say, I think we are far from bang on form, and I am sure I am not the only one who thinks that. Even Mike Greg himself has confessed, we need to improve. When we are at a stage when we a ripping teams apart right from the off, and putting 40-50 points, or even creating the chances to put 40-50 points on teams like Leeds and Bradford, then I will turn round and say we are bang on form.
Wills, I am not as 'fragile' as you suggest, but I have been on this board and others for several years now and have seen lots of people in the past complain about the use of the word I complained about. Mike appointed a couple of us as moderators to ensure the site is kept friendly and prevent instances of people being offended by inappropriate language, some words affect people more than others. Referring to others as 's**m' has caused offense in the past, therefore it is right I censure it now. There's a time and place for using it, I may well have done so yesterday in Cardiff, but a public message board is not that place.

When referring to form I was using the bookies definition, incorrectly as it turned out, but before yesterday we'd had the longest unbeaten run of all the SL teams. I think it is unlikely we will ever again see games where we are putting 40-50 points past Leeds and Bradford, or even creating the chances to do so. That's all from a bygone era, and whilst I love us to win games as much as anyone else I think the unpredictably and tension of superleague makes for a fantastic sport. I'd much rather see a game decided by 2 points than by 20.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]