Is it time now for our own stadium

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Is it time now for our own stadium

Post by OAMJSONA »

We are a laughing stock in rugby league and through out sport,

the 48 hour rule stinks

we will probably play at widnes

:devi:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

The Black Pearl

Re: Is it time now for our own stadium

Post by The Black Pearl »

We are the laughing stock of rugby league. We have fought hard for a home tie and the results went our way and then all that advantage is taken away. My concern is that it must have been in the small print on the lease deal we signed I thought we had a pretty astute business man running the club. In the years to come how many more things like this will come out of the woodwork at the last minute.

Thanks to Wigan for letting all the fans know the possible consequences of a home playoff tie when the Latics are at home the day later. 48 hr rule might play a big part in our great clubs future?
Pain is temporary pride is forever
shawcross da warrior

Re: Is it time now for our own...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

absolutly pathetic this...

i didnt know there was a rule for 48 hours...

fought hard for home advantage and know dont have it...
shawcross da warrior

absolutly pathetic this...

i didnt know there was a rule for 48 hours...

fought hard for home advantage and know dont have it...

the club should pay for transport for fans in my view... :angry:
Susi

Post by Susi »

I think the time is right for us to leave the jjb it's not been the best for us and we always have to jump through hoops for the flaming footy lot.
IF Mr L has the funds and can find a suitable venue then yes lets have our own club and knickers to football lot.
Pity Orrell has been sold off for housing etc, would have been ideal for us.
It unfortunatley comes down to ££££. and how much Mr. L is commited to put in to the club for a new stadium, he did actually make reference to this at the 1st fans forum.
But then again he made lots of promises he's not been able to deliver yet.
slimshady

Re: Is it time now for our own stadium

Post by slimshady »

We would all love to have our own stadium but their are problems in achieving this;
1. Where in the town would it be built?
2. Where would the funds come from to build it?
3. Would Wigan council grant planning permission to build another stadium when they have one already?
4. Would the cost hamper any future player funds and how would it affect the salary cap?
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Read the statement, boys. Rule only works one way. IL we tried to get Thu. or Sunday. In other words we can't play the day before elastic but we can play the day after. Therefore nothing to do with policing, down to us bruising the pitch before wimpball game.
HC
The Black Pearl

Post by The Black Pearl »

What also concerns me is the fact that the two proposed grounds are tiny in comparison to the JJB. We probably have enough season ticket holders to fulfil our allocation and then Bradford have to have their share.

Are Wigan going to reimburse all the people who will now have to finish work early and loose money to get to the away game and is free transport being laid on. What a disgrace. :(
Pain is temporary pride is forever
shawcross da warrior

couldnt see us moving out of the jjb we would need a stadium atleast 18,000 and as its stated above dont think the council would give us planning permission...

cant think of many places were we could have a stadium other that near the m6 next too tabarns...

but its on the outskirts of wigan which isnt perfect... :(
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE