Dare I Say It

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
privateryan

Dare I Say It

Post by privateryan »

Whilst I agree with everything that has been previously written regarding DW and us having to play at Chemical Ali,s place, Mr Lenagan and his crew cannot simply hide behind the fact that DW is a xxxxxxxxx, this event shows a total lack of foresight on behalf of the Wigan board for not considering that this could happen. To me until it was mathematically impossible for us to reach 4th place background negotiations could have been taking place for the last 4 weeks or more to cover this situation and allow us to play where we RIGHTFULLY belong. The kick off for Latics could have been put back to Sunday, after all they do this to accommodate teams playing midweek matches in Europe. Once again not only am I disgusted at the treatment by Mr DW but I don,t believe that the board have helped us whatsoever and ought to be man enough to come out and admit there part in this monumental all round cock up.
yay!
DaveO

Re: Dare I Say It

Post by DaveO »

privateryan wrote:Whilst I agree with everything that has been previously written regarding DW and us having to play at Chemical Ali,s place, Mr Lenagan and his crew cannot simply hide behind the fact that DW is a xxxxxxxxx, this event shows a total lack of foresight on behalf of the Wigan board for not considering that this could happen. To me until it was mathematically impossible for us to reach 4th place background negotiations could have been taking place for the last 4 weeks or more to cover this situation and allow us to play where we RIGHTFULLY belong. The kick off for Latics could have been put back to Sunday, after all they do this to accommodate teams playing midweek matches in Europe. Once again not only am I disgusted at the treatment by Mr DW but I don,t believe that the board have helped us whatsoever and ought to be man enough to come out and admit there part in this monumental all round cock up.
I agree. That have not made an official statement as to why the stadium is unavailable. Until they do the silence speaks volumes.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

privateryan wrote:Whilst I agree with everything that has been previously written regarding DW and us having to play at Chemical Ali,s place, Mr Lenagan and his crew cannot simply hide behind the fact that DW is a xxxxxxxxx, this event shows a total lack of foresight on behalf of the Wigan board for not considering that this could happen. To me until it was mathematically impossible for us to reach 4th place background negotiations could have been taking place for the last 4 weeks or more to cover this situation and allow us to play where we RIGHTFULLY belong. The kick off for Latics could have been put back to Sunday, after all they do this to accommodate teams playing midweek matches in Europe. Once again not only am I disgusted at the treatment by Mr DW but I don,t believe that the board have helped us whatsoever and ought to be man enough to come out and admit there part in this monumental all round cock up.
Absolutely right. As I said in my email to the club, there should have been contingency plans in place months ago.
joeb

Post by joeb »

your spot on,but if mr wigan still had warriors,we would be playing at jjb this friday. i also feel the rugby leauge could have supported us more, just like they did hull.its easy to point finger at someone else, but our board should have seen this could happen what about next year,its a top eight play off.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

joeb wrote:your spot on,but if mr wigan still had warriors,we would be playing at jjb this friday. i also feel the rugby leauge could have supported us more, just like they did hull.its easy to point finger at someone else, but our board should have seen this could happen what about next year,its a top eight play off.
With enough advance planning in place, there would have been loads of options.

(a) Swap the two Wigan v Sunderland fixtures around so that Latics were away this weekend.

(b) move the Latics game to the Sunday.

(c) Sky could have rescheduled our game for the Sunday.

(d) Stadium staff could have been put on standby for working overnight Friday to prepare the ground for the football.

(e) As a last resort, Widnes (or wherever) could have been provisionally arranged in advance - if we had known in advance that, if we had a home tie, it would be played at Widnes, there would have been much less fuss, and tickets could have been on sale Mon a.m. as planned.
ian b

Post by ian b »

you can blame the board, but only one man is to blame that old scrote whelan.If you pay rent you are entitled to play there it cannot be conditional.It is a fact that whelan has never really give a s--te about the rugby club,all it did was help make his second rate,tin pot football team look a bit more high profile if we shared a ground. Whatever happens we still follow the best sport in the world so bo---cks to whelan.