Hiagm

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Frazzle

Hiagm

Post by Frazzle »

Just been wondering, theres been transfer news on Calderwood and Colbon.

When it comes to Hiagm theres been nothing that i've seen on where/when he's going.

I was just wondering, they may be keeping him quiet as they're trying to keep hold of him?

Just a thought that I had, what do you think?

P.s Sorry if it's in the wrong Category.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Hiagm

Post by Mike »

I'd say that a rule of thumb is that many clubs don't announce UK signings until after they've been knocked out.

They don't want to upset their current squad close to the end of the season and it gives them some publicity after the end of the season.

Bearing this in mind, I would expect some announcement from Warrington pretty shortly.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

I personally would like to keep Higham if theres any money left on the cap ,he was supposed to have signed for Warrington for a lot less money IMO he would make a good back up for Riddell and let MCIllurum go out on loan for a year
Frazzle

Post by Frazzle »

jaws1 wrote:I personally would like to keep Higham if theres any money left on the cap ,he was supposed to have signed for Warrington for a lot less money IMO he would make a good back up for Riddell and let MCIllurum go out on loan for a year
Yeah, i'd rather keep Hiagm. He's found form of late and does look promising. :lol: Fingers crossed.
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

Good friend of my dads is really relly good friends with Higham and has been for many years, and its all but a done deal for Higham on his way out and the club is warrington,like Mike said they normally dont want to or wish to announce transfers until the post-season. Unless Noble has a massive change of thought and wishes to keep him(highly unlikely) then he will be a warrington player within weeks. Personally i would not let Higham go,he is world class with his work rate and overall skills and i could tell you for a fact that he will come back and bite us in the backside
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Brad5926 wrote:Good friend of my dads is really relly good friends with Higham and has been for many years, and its all but a done deal for Higham on his way out and the club is warrington,like Mike said they normally dont want to or wish to announce transfers until the post-season. Unless Noble has a massive change of thought and wishes to keep him(highly unlikely) then he will be a warrington player within weeks. Personally i would not let Higham go,he is world class with his work rate and overall skills and i could tell you for a fact that he will come back and bite us in the backside
:eusa2: :eusa2:
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

After watching Higham on Friday i think he's an assest we will miss greatly

i like the idea of McClorum on loan for a season and see next year
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

the problem is with is with releasing players is when the player finds out he starts working hard to get a club like mickey higham he hasnt been that good for us till we told him he wont be getting a contract.
IN WANE WE TRUST
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

eccywarrior wrote:the problem is with is with releasing players is when the player finds out he starts working hard to get a club like mickey higham he hasnt been that good for us till we told him he wont be getting a contract.
This is wrong, i posted the same thing a month back and had my posted dissected into 42 different bits by some one that knows for sure i was wrong due to the fact Higham can't do any wrong in this persons eyes.

personally i'm with you, Higham the same as Orr, started playing when he needed to find a new Job, simple as
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:the problem is with is with releasing players is when the player finds out he starts working hard to get a club like mickey higham he hasnt been that good for us till we told him he wont be getting a contract.
This is wrong, i posted the same thing a month back and had my posted dissected into 42 different bits by some one that knows for sure i was wrong due to the fact Higham can't do any wrong in this persons eyes.

personally i'm with you, Higham the same as Orr, started playing when he needed to find a new Job, simple as
That was a load of rubbish last time you posted it and it still is IMO.

The reason is no coach signs a player because his form picked up six months before the end of his contract. That would be stupid. So any player thinking doing that is going to get him a new deal or a new club is living in cloud cuckoo land. Higham isn't that stupid and in any case has always put the effort in.

He has also (apparently) signed for Warrington so why bust a gut as he did on Friday?

Same with Calderwood who has signed for Hull.

The pair of them both played very well on Friday and neither of them are playing for a contract here or anywhere else, so how do you explain that?

Perhaps its because they are professional players with the right attitude.

Dave