Homecoming

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Homecoming

Post by MrsLam »

Is it free?
It only says entrance opened at 3 to west stand, don't know whether to take some money with me or not.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mario

Re: Homecoming

Post by mario »

It is free to get in!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Cheers mario!
You going? I didn't see either of you yesterday to do facepaints, unlucky for you ey ;)

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mario

Post by mario »

yeah were going! was gutted about the face paint.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

haha I didn't see that message before i went else I'd have brought me facepaints with me. You'd have seriously regretted that message :P

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
haha I didn't see that message before i went else I'd have brought me facepaints with me. You'd have seriously regretted that message :P
Ha ha, I'm glad that you didn't read it before you left then, else you'd have attacked anyone within a 10 m radius!

Although, you're meeting us at Wakefield so you can bring your facepaints and Mario would love you to paint his face, I'm sure! Just bring enough for one person though!

Going to the homecoming, for me, softened the blow from yesterday although the players were obviosuly gutted it was the first time I got to meet them.

But as someone very wise said... "we'll be back next year Bigger, Harder and Faster and take the bloody Cup home!"
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Ha ha, I'm glad that you didn't read it before you left then, else you'd have attacked anyone within a 10 m radius!
What you sayin about me Rob?! I wouldn't have attacked anyone, Id have attacked everyone ;)

Homecoming made me feel a lot better about yesterday too, was good to see mr carney's spirits not dampened and hes right, next year my wiganers next year.

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Paul Howard

Post by Paul Howard »

I didn't actually know there was a homecoming. Not that I could have gone due to work, but sounded like a good idea. What happened and what else were they all saying?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Paul Howard posted:
I didn't actually know there was a homecoming. Not that I could have gone due to work, but sounded like a good idea. What happened and what else were they all saying?
The players left Cardiff at 11am on Sunday and drove straight to the JJB stadium. Beforehand there was a large crowd gathered outside the ground and they let you into the West Stand free of charge. Inside there was a singer and some dances from the Warbabes, MrsLam was taking pictures of them!

Then when players got there they went on to the little makeshift stage right near the tunnel. Faz said a few words, mainly saying his try should have stood as Sculthorpe ripped it out. Betts said they were all choked by the amount of people that had to come to support them. Carney was the usual comdian, he looked rough but ended by saying "we'll come back next year, bigger, harder, faster and we'll bring the bloody cup home." Got the crowd going and chanting Brian Carney.

Adrian Lam, Mark Smith and Kris Radlinski then went signing autographs and the rest disappeared inside, then some more came out of the boxes at the top. Kids got their shirts signed and every baby in the place was photographed with the players.

Then they filtered out having signed a few autographs and went to get their bags to go home I assume.