Replacment for barret??

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
a-true-warrior

Replacment for barret??

Post by a-true-warrior »

after the match tonight barry was asked about will smith be able to replace barret.
and he said that he doesnt thing smith will replace him at he metioned wigan had someone lined up to replace him anyone have any ideas who this is??
RIP mike you will always be remembered

once a wigan fan always a wigan fan
thegimble

Re: Replacment for barret??

Post by thegimble »

a-true-warrior wrote:after the match tonight barry was asked about will smith be able to replace barret.
and he said that he doesnt thing smith will replace him at he metioned wigan had someone lined up to replace him anyone have any ideas who this is??
Youve missed 1 thing he said. He also said that he did not think a SO was available from SL so that make me think of 1 person who says he wants to play in SL and is getting on a bit.

Darren Lockyer.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Can we afford him under the cap???

I personally never thought he would ever come up here, so he would have to be on mega mega money!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cherrywarrior wrote:Can we afford him under the cap???

I personally never thought he would ever come up here, so he would have to be on mega mega money!
Weve off loaded Barett, Calderwood and Higham who were fairly decent earners on the cap. Along with Colbon whos going though he would not have earned much. To go on the cap next season so far we have Ridell and Pryce so i reckon we could get him and a prop.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

U have got to be joking????

We offloaded one scumbag a few years back for similar offences that are alledged against Bird, no way should we sign him, he is a loose forward anyway isnt he?
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i never thought i would see the day when we would sign someone like barrett, just happy i have got to see a real world class player in the cherry and white shirt from aus....
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

thegimble wrote:Youve missed 1 thing he said. He also said that he did not think a SO was available from SL so that make me think of 1 person who says he wants to play in SL and is getting on a bit.

Darren Lockyer.
Unless things have changed :doz: Lockyer originally quoted that he would only consider playing Super League when his current Bronco's contract "runs out". This will be at the end of next season, not this!
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
pedro

Post by pedro »

God wrote:
cherrywarrior wrote:U have got to be joking????

We offloaded one scumbag a few years back for similar offences that are alledged against Bird, no way should we sign him, he is a loose forward anyway isnt he?
Can play both positions, hes the current stand off for New South Wales state of origin. The pressure players are under from media attention over in Aus is worse than our footballers over here as they dont have the privacy rights our sportsmen enjoy, you cant take a dump in a public toilet without it being on the front page of the sidney newspapers.

My defence towards his indesgression although there is little excuse to what he has done, is the pressure the players are under. The list is endless of the ammount of players doing things Carney,Smith,Riddell,Joey Johns,Thiaday the list is endless, on a day to day basis its too intrusive on there private lifes and somthing has to give and usually its the players state of mind or natural agression.

We have not heard a peep out of the supposed biggest badboy in the NRLs history since hes arrived (Smith)And the same would go for IMO one of the best stand offs in the World.(Bird)

Leon Pryce the best English SO in the county i would have him in a heartbeat even though i hate the bloke he would win us something which is far more important than our "Moral values" as a club.

Bird to be our next S.O IMO.
he might be NSW 6 but hes a loose...they have no good 6's in NSW. Did you watch the origin he was terrible at 6 ju8st another forward.

He may be a good 13 but a 6 he will never be.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

You have got to be joking me, no ammount of media pressure can make you smash a glass into your girl friends face, leaving her requiring surgery and scarred for life, "allegedly"!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

According to a rumour on cherry and whites lockyer is nailed on for next season,

Started by someone saying they have been told by a friend of a former wigan forward.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"