Re: Phil Bailey.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bailey needs to play centre v Leeds
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No room for Lockers then IMO and before anyone has a go, look at how we are playing at the moment without him, why change such a good thing, replace those who are leaving and bish bosh we have a decent side.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pieater-alex wrote:What's all this talk of Lockers, have I missed something he's out for the rest of the season?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey had a decent game and is solid in defense I'd keep in the second row but move him to the side Phelps is on.
on about next year, imagine if we could start the season like we are finishing this one
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pieater-alex wrote:
medlocke wrote:
pieater-alex wrote:What's all this talk of Lockers, have I missed something he's out for the rest of the season?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey had a decent game and is solid in defense I'd keep in the second row but move him to the side Phelps is on.
on about next year, imagine if we could start the season like we are finishing this one
I know it would be great but you quite simply can't keep this intensity up.
why not? other teams manage to get off to a flying start, rather than the team going somewhere hot for 2 weeks lets get em somewhere colder, see if that'll help em more.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Baileys not good enough and he is a penalty machine
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

bailey is a good defender and played really well against cataland lets just hope he can carry it on against leeds, normally does...
pedro

Post by pedro »

cherry.pie wrote:I've criticised Bailey a lot this season, and in my defence most of it has been justified. Statistically he was our worst second rower this season, although statistics don't show the whole story. I think he's simply just improved in recent games just like a number of other players. At the start of the season his defence was nothing special and attack was non-existent. Last night he was back to his defensive best, and he organises extremely well.

He should play at centre against Leeds rather than Phelps, in fact I'd rather have Goulding than Phelps. But as an alternative, why not have Bailey defending in the centres and Tomkins attacking in the centres?
I dont think he defends well at Centre. Last year teams flooded down his and Colbons side.
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

Wasnt Bailey on Calderwoods wing last year
pedro

Post by pedro »

played on Colbons at Salford
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex wrote:
medlocke wrote:
pieater-alex wrote: I know it would be great but you quite simply can't keep this intensity up.
why not? other teams manage to get off to a flying start, rather than the team going somewhere hot for 2 weeks lets get em somewhere colder, see if that'll help em more.
You can't start off like we are finishing the season because they've had weeks playing with each other in super league matches. No each others game, passes, set moves, etc etc.

Trust me mate you cant. We can get off to a flying start but not at this intensity. No-one can. That's why your best matches come at the end of the season.
Yeah, but that applies to all teams, not just us.