REFEREE PAIR ANNOUNCED

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

REFEREE PAIR ANNOUNCED

Post by josie andrews »

Steve Ganson and Ashley Klein will be England's representatives on the referees panel for the World Cup.

The full-time officials were in charge of all the engage Super League play-off matches and have refereed four Grand Finals and three Challenge Cup finals between them.

Ganson, who was in charge of this year's Challenge Cup final, will fly out to Australia after refereeing Friday's Gillette Fusion international between England and Wales at Doncaster.

Also making the trip to Australia will be touch judge James Child, a Leeds City Council surveyor.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... erees.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Re: REFEREE PAIR ANNOUNCED

Post by THE 18th Man »

right choice for me.

they may not be the best or most liked refs of all time but at least there the best hated refs and would wind up the australians
turf

Post by turf »

Great choice!!!

Well done to Ganson and Klein!!! :eusa2: :eusa2:
mario

Post by mario »

THE 18th Man wrote:right choice for me.

they may not be the best or most liked refs of all time but at least there the best hated refs and would wind up the australians
They won't get anywhere near a game that Australia are playing in, maybe as touch judge or video ref.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

As if it was going to be anyone else. Lets hope Ganson improves on his last game.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Ganson reminds me of Ulsworth, very big headed and full of their self importance.

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Ganson reminds me of Ulsworth, very big headed and full of their self importance.
He'd have gone up in my estimation in the England game if he'd said "yes I screwed up, I blew the whistle before the line was crossed and then tried to claim it was afterwards"

But no, he loves himself so much he didn't say a word.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

The full-time officials were in charge of all the engage Super League play-off matches and have refereed four Grand Finals and three Challenge Cup finals between them.
What I don't understand from Cummings is that these two referees are given all the opportunites to referee at the highest level and consistently make major and embarrassing mistakes. Surely the other officials deserve at least some opportunities to show whether they can cut it in a big match?

The last England match was a farce. To make the first mistake from Ganson was very poor but perhaps forgivable as it has very rarely happend, but to make the exact same mistake again in the same match is unforgivable. Any other sport's governing body would have reacted with some form of demotion.

If I was one of the other SL refs I would be seriously considering leaving due to the favouritism and lack of opportunities at the RL under Cummings.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Mike wrote:
What I don't understand from Cummings is that these two referees are given all the opportunites to referee at the highest level and consistently make major and embarrassing mistakes. Surely the other officials deserve at least some opportunities to show whether they can cut it in a big match?

The last England match was a farce. To make the first mistake from Ganson was very poor but perhaps forgivable as it has very rarely happend, but to make the exact same mistake again in the same match is unforgivable. Any other sport's governing body would have reacted with some form of demotion.

If I was one of the other SL refs I would be seriously considering leaving due to the favouritism and lack of opportunities at the RL under Cummings.

Talking about Cummings, I recently watched him on TV being interviewed and I must say how defensive and self righteousness he came across. His body language and mannerisms left a lot to be desired.

turf

Post by turf »

Ganson + Klein have the Australia/New Zeland game I think, or so I've heard?

Klein as the referee and Ganson as the VR.

England have got Shayne Hayne this Friday. Anyone heard of him? Is he any good?