drink beer on concourse

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior4ever25

drink beer on concourse

Post by warrior4ever25 »

just been informed that drinking beer on the concorse will not hit dave whelans pocket in no way or form,apparently the concorese is rented out on match days and all monies made go into the wigan fans pocket,this is not the case in the rest of the stadium bars .just remember they do sell carling cans in the south stand bar
Gezza48

Re: drink beer on concourse

Post by Gezza48 »

Don't be fooled! All bar takings at the stadium on Wigan RL matchdays go straight into the Stadium coffers i.e. Whelan's pocket. Don't sdpend anything at the stadium except for programme and Golden Gamble!!!
warrior4ever25

Post by warrior4ever25 »

it does not the concourse areas are rented out to wigan warriors ,who rent it out to a wiganer because they dont want the hassle
botica

Post by botica »

I had heard this too! Once all this kicked off, i thought i was perhaps ill informed. Could someone linked with the club either confirm this either way so we know where we are? I would hate to advocate stopping warriors cash due to ignorance.. :eh:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

The person who runs all the bars on all the concourses in the stadium keeps ALL the takings from these bars. He pays a fee to the JJB for the hire of the "booths" that he sells food and drink from.
I can guarantee that this is 100% accurate as I have a cast iron source regarding this.

Therefore, we should all buy more food and drink to pay the proprietor, because his rent is not proportional to his takings.

Nine

Post by Nine »

Sutty wrote:The person who runs all the bars on all the concourses in the stadium keeps ALL the takings from these bars. He pays a fee to the JJB for the hire of the "booths" that he sells food and drink from.
I can guarantee that this is 100% accurate as I have a cast iron source regarding this.

Therefore, we should all buy more food and drink to pay the proprietor, because his rent is not proportional to his takings.
Sutty is 100% correct - I too have got it from a totally reliable and informed source. The guy with the licence to operate the booths on the concourse pays his rent and that's it - profit goes to him, loss if people don't buy it comes out of his pocket.

On the other hand, money going into the bars in the rest of the ground, e.g. South Stand, goes straight to the stadium company, owned by one Mr David Whelan. So it's your choice as to where you feel comfortable buying your booze.
Squad number 18!
warrior4ever25

Post by warrior4ever25 »

as i have siad they sell cans of carling in the south stand :wink:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

But doesn't that go straight to the JJB owners because it is being sold in one of their bar areas?

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

warrior4ever25 wrote:as i have siad they sell cans of carling in the south stand :wink:
take your own in
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

jaws1 wrote:
warrior4ever25 wrote:as i have siad they sell cans of carling in the south stand :wink:
take your own in
Good thinking Batman :wink: :lol: