John Monie - why did we let him go?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Exiled Wiganer

John Monie - why did we let him go?

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

My memory isn't all it used to be, but I was reading an article about John Mine, who is coaching France in the World Cup, and I was wondering why we ever let him go after he coached us to our most successful season in the SDuper League era - champions (and minor premiers if such a thing had been around then) and runner up in the Cup.
What we would give for "under-achievement" like that...
shawcross da warrior

Re: John Monie - why did we le...

Post by shawcross da warrior »

stupid letting him go in my opinion, my favourite coach of wigan ( was only born in 1990)

absolute class act, john moanie is legend....
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

I heard that andy gregory warned john monie about having andy goodway as his assistant, it was mr ba himself that stabbed monie in the back.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

BA - Bad Attitude
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We didn't, he decided to join Auckland Warriors! Thereafter, he took half of our team with him. In short, he contributed to the demise of the greatest RL team on earth.

After saying that, John was a fantastic coach and a great guy. I don't condemn him for making the change (all of us would accept more money for doing the same job), I criticise the board for not trying harder to keep him (and the players) who made the exodus down under.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Graeme West took over the team after Monie had poached all our players and WON every cup that was going that year with a diminished squad.
pedro

Post by pedro »

shaunedwardsfan club wrote:We didn't, he decided to join Auckland Warriors! Thereafter, he took half of our team with him. In short, he contributed to the demise of the greatest RL team on earth.

After saying that, John was a fantastic coach and a great guy. I don't condemn him for making the change (all of us would accept more money for doing the same job), I criticise the board for not trying harder to keep him (and the players) who made the exodus down under.
he took Betts, Bell and we swapped over the hill PLatt with Henry Paul...didnt do so bad.