Web Site Player Sponsorship?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Web Site Player Sponsorship?

Post by cpwigan »

I reckon we should all chip in and use Wigan-Warriors.com as a sponsor for a player.
would be funny to have a site link to this site on the official site!
Mike could go to the end of season dinner (as site owner) and we could put the other benefits for tickets etc in a draw for everyone who chips in.
100 of us at a tenner a piece gets a £1000 pound player!
Can get him to come to the end of season bowling night!
As suggested by A to B.

Any interest?

cpwigan

Re: Web Site Player Sponsorshi...

Post by cpwigan »

I am in. My thoughts are thus;

I do not think we will get 100 people but obviously the cost of players varies. Personally, somebody like Sam Tomkins might be good value.

I like the idea of Mike to the dinner, draw for other stuff.

2 appearances. 1 maybe an interview with the player answering our questions that could then go onto this website.

Thoughts Mike, thought People?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It would be brilliant. I'm not sure we'd get enough cash in or how we'd organize it. If we didn't get enough and didn't get a player to sponsor we'd have to return the money. The other way is to outlay the money in one go and recoup through pledges. This may be a little expensive for those outlaying the money if the pledges don't come in.

One other point is that when they read out the sponsors, its going to sound like the official site. We'd have to think of a different way for the site to read out, or an alternative URL that would end up at the site that would be different. cherryandwhite.co.uk has an advantage in this.

I would be very interested in the site sponsoring a player if we could think of a good way of going about it though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex wrote:I'm not so sure on paper it sounds a good idea but when you really look at everything you get:

* Company branding & web link from the player profile page on wiganwarriors.com – the official website which receives over 13 million hits per month.

* Company branding in the Match Day Programme next to your chosen player profile.

* Electronic scoreboard acknowledgement at the JJB Stadium as teams are announced and when your sponsored player scores a try or goal.
The above would boost the membership (and thus perhaps the advertising revenue) on here!

* Four ‘Cherry & Whites’ Silver Packages (including Players Bar passes) to one Super League home game during Super League XIV (games will be selected by the club due to availability.)

* The opportunity for TWO personal appearances by your sponsored player during the season (conditions apply*)
Not sure how they would work!

* TWO tickets to the pre-season Dinner where you will sit with your sponsored player, be taken on stage to present him with his 2009 playing shirt and subsequently receive a mounted photograph from the event.
They should be the two mods with the highest post counts, IMO...:roll:

* TWO tickets to the prestigious end of season Awards Dinner when your sponsored player will present his personally signed shirt to you and you will again receive a mounted photograph from the event.
Mike + the prediction league winner?

* First option to sponsor your chosen Player for the 2010 season.

It would get a bit complicated IMO.
Very!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Competitions!

Its the money aspect I don't know how to get around.

Perhaps we could all send cheques until we had enough to bid for a player. Then we could buy it and cash the cheques or something.

Imagine a whole meal with Gaz Hock... and the photos at the end of it!

We raise around 50% of the cost of the servers this year - about 400 pounds. That is towards a boring computer. Perhaps we could get more donations if we sponsored a player with all these rewards. Its more exciting than bandwidth.

I'm not that bothered about going to the meals, your not allowed to wear the kit at half of them, its all corporate! But i dont' mind if anyone else wants to go.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not think there are any issue re the benefits other than trying to utilise the 2 appearances.

Cost - The less high profile the player the less expensive BUT some may have very good profiles in 2009. A Sam Tomkins, A Shaun Ainscough.

Let's say we had 2 options

Option 1 - Donate £10 We need 40 people minimum

Option 2 - Donate £20 We need 20 people minimum

Option 3 - We sponsor Lockers and Medlocke stumps up the whole fee

Option 4 - We sponsor Mathers and send CPW to the funny farm

highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Option 4 sounds good :lol: :hehe: :lol:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

highland convert wrote:Option 4 sounds good :lol: :hehe: :lol:
I prefer #3 myself...
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

GeoffN wrote:
highland convert wrote:Option 4 sounds good :lol: :hehe: :lol:
I prefer #3 myself...
:eusa7: :eusa9: :angry: :lol: Not so sure about that one geoff but would deffinatly vote for 4 :wink: :lol:
ancientnloyal

Re: Web Site Player Sponsorship?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Imagine cpwigan as the representative with Mathers being our chosen player.

I am in!

What about have a 'nickname' for wigan-warriors.com? a tiny bit of rebranding
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame