Lockyer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kol

Lockyer

Post by Kol »

I heard a red hot tip (from a 100% source) that DL has signed for us next year as No6.

The NRL have asked the club for a press blackout until after the World Cup.

This source told be about Barrett, Smith, Carmont and Mathers weeks before announced FYI.

You heard it from me first.
No one is to stone anybody until I blow this whistle!
Wigan Watcher

Re: Lockyer

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Kol wrote:I heard a red hot tip (from a 100% source) that DL has signed for us next year as No6.

The NRL have asked the club for a press blackout until after the World Cup.

This source told be about Barrett, Smith, Carmont and Mathers weeks before announced FYI.

You heard it from me first.
I have tried to find out something on this one but only received blank replies, hope its true thought

Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

He has previously (on Thursday) stated that he is staying with the Broncos until 2010:
From: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 818313.ece
Lockyer, who was named the world's best player in 2003 and 2006, told SunSport: "I am interested in a playing stint in England.

"I won’t be making a decision on my career till the middle of 2009.

"If I leave the Broncos, I won’t play for another NRL club.

"I am going into my 15th year playing in the NRL and have stayed with the one club.

"But I have always been interested in the game in England and it is something that I would like to do before I retire from rugby league."

and do we want a player that views the UK as a retirement home anyway?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mike wrote:He has previously (on Thursday) stated that he is staying with the Broncos until 2010:
From: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 818313.ece
Lockyer, who was named the world's best player in 2003 and 2006, told SunSport: "I am interested in a playing stint in England.

"I won’t be making a decision on my career till the middle of 2009.

"If I leave the Broncos, I won’t play for another NRL club.

"I am going into my 15th year playing in the NRL and have stayed with the one club.

"But I have always been interested in the game in England and it is something that I would like to do before I retire from rugby league."

and do we want a player that views the UK as a retirement home anyway?
hasn't stopped us in the past, Renouf?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

So, if we are signing Lockyer and Amos Roberts who are we releasing? Don't forget if we release a player then he will be entitled to severance pay which will count against the salary cap!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Great player in his day. The bumps and knocks are telling now. Do we need a standin player for a season. We are building towards the silverware. By the time he has set his stamp provided he has stayed uninjured he will be retiring, Can't fault his playing but a curent not future player may not be best at the moment,
Jim
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

agreed hc....

could deffinatly still offer us something but just too far over the hill imo...
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Lockyer would be an excellent signing IMO, so long as he comes in 2009 and not 2010. Imagine a player like this tutoring young Sam Tomkins.

I think it would be well worth it, but not if we have to wait until the year when Tomkins should really be breaking through into the first team.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

could be a good signing for one year, next year, 2010 wouldn't want him to old by then, but sam tomkins would have no excuses when he came into the first team then he would have had the chance to train with and ask questions to two fantastic stand offs
markill

Post by markill »

Cruncher wrote:Lockyer would be an excellent signing IMO, so long as he comes in 2009 and not 2010. Imagine a player like this tutoring young Sam Tomkins.
If he comes will tomkins ever play? He'd learn more by playing in the first team a bit alongside players like bails, lockers and fielden than sat watching lockyer train. We've seen old foreign players come in before and it lead to young promising prospects just fade away and disappear. No to lockyer. I'd be fairly happy to add just a fit pryce to our squad and give the younger lads a go right now.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod