Leuluai Is The Man..........

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Leuluai Is The Man..........

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 47,00.html

According to Kearny, Thomas Leuluai is the man for the job... :)
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Leuluai Is The Man..........

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i have always felt whatever reason that lulu plays his best rugby when he wasn't partnered with barrett, at wigan he seemed to go up 4 gears when barrett wasn't on the pitch and has always performed well for NZ. i think thats sometimes the downside of having someone like barrett in the squad he is always gonna be first choice for an option and maybe lulu didn't get to show us quite what he was made of, roll on next season!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Hope he gets a good understanding with Smith. I am sure he will produce some quality play for NZ within the next month. Yes he does have his weaknesses but he was a good buy IMO from Quins just hope Noble doesnt move him around too much
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

ancientnloyal wrote:Hope he gets a good understanding with Smith. I am sure he will produce some quality play for NZ within the next month. Yes he does have his weaknesses but he was a good buy IMO from Quins just hope Noble doesnt move him around too much
Totally agree there mate :)
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

Reevezie 2.0.0.8 wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:Hope he gets a good understanding with Smith. I am sure he will produce some quality play for NZ within the next month. Yes he does have his weaknesses but he was a good buy IMO from Quins just hope Noble doesnt move him around too much
Me too

Good player, young, loads of potential, better without TB

I would like to see Smith at 7 and Tommy at 6 because tommy is better at takin the line on and he would definitely get quick service from Smith. Any thoughts?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

kirkamania wrote:
Reevezie 2.0.0.8 wrote:
Me too

I would like to see Smith at 7 and Tommy at 6 because tommy is better at takin the line on and he would definitely get quick service from Smith. Any thoughts?
I would agree with that, think Lulu's a cracking player and can tackle way above his weight and size. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

kirkamania wrote:
Reevezie 2.0.0.8 wrote:
Me too

Him or us :D
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Hawkeye wrote:
kirkamania wrote:
Reevezie 2.0.0.8 wrote: Totally agree there mate :)
Me too

Him or us :D
Both! Barrett held the team back due to his awesomeness, the whole team relied on Barrett to pull them out of the mire too much, mark my words, next year we will be a far better team without him.

(just waiting for several to come on and say i know nothing or im an idiot blah blah blah, the fact of the matter is, Trent wasn't the golden god that 77% of Wigan fans profess him to be, and if the team fall flat on their asses next season then i will have been proved wrong)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Unfortunately the Trent argument does not stand up nor will a comparison be fair. The other players should be better in 2009 than they were in 2008 whether or not Trent was still here or not.

The Trent argument was used against Faz and it was proven incorrect then too. Gregory/Edwards no players were more demanding/cajoling but vital.

Peter Sterling improved Hull, Wally Lewis improved Wakefield, Brett Kenny improved Wigan.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Wigan_forever19 85 wrote:i have always felt whatever reason that lulu plays his best rugby when he wasn't partnered with barrett, at wigan he seemed to go up 4 gears when barrett wasn't on the pitch and has always performed well for NZ. i think thats sometimes the downside of having someone like barrett in the squad he is always gonna be first choice for an option and maybe lulu didn't get to show us quite what he was made of, roll on next season!
There is no downside to having a 'Barrett' in the side.