Warriors Panto

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

Warriors Panto

Post by First Try Tickle »

Went along to the JJB today for the annual Warriors panto, wasn't to keen myself but the kids wanted to go and there was an advert for Santa and to meet the players.

When we arrived we noticed the long table with pens and paper for the autographs and as there were plenty chairs was expecting a good turnout. Then they were selling tickets to win rugby prizes and aslo selling autograph books, which quickly sold out.

The panto was very amateur, just 3 people dressed up and a small set, but the kids though it was ok, then the raffle, and then....nothing.

Everyone stood round waiting for the players, but they never came. In the end someone on the door said thats all folks, nobody's coming thanks very much.

Alot of very unhappy people then had to tell thier kids that nobody could be bother turning up to see them.

Another shambles by the club, they were happy to take our money, but unintrested after that.

Mighty max did show up, and told my wife at the end that it was Joe Lydon's 50th last night and everyone showed up there.

My biggest dissapointment again is Lockers, as club captain he should be first in line.
pedro

Re: Warriors Panto

Post by pedro »

Another indication on how poorly the club is being run at them moment
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

hopefully Mr Hogan will log on and give a full explanation. The offical club site says "There will be a Santa's Grotto and first team players in attendance with fun for all the family." No excuses
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Fujiman wrote:hopefully Mr Hogan will log on and give a full explanation. The offical club site says "There will be a Santa's Grotto and first team players in attendance with fun for all the family." No excuses

A very poor show if this is the case.

Was being "badgered" to go myself by the missus and kids (thank goodness i saved on the £10 family ticket now). Would not contemplate any other event like this from the club in the future unless guarantees were in place - this smells suspiciously like the "lapland adventure park" cock-up that other organisations started in order to fleece hard-up parents with peer pressure from children at this time of year. Hope the club is not following suite?

Perhaps it will offer refunds or expect the now customary trading standards investigation for such events. :doz:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jesus :angry:

Why does our club keep shooting itself in the damn foot!!

There was a similar debacle at one of the training camps re player no show. To be fair Mick Hogan put together a very decent apology package and it was virtually his first week at the club. I presumed it was a one off.

However to see this now happening again and AGAIN young children / at Christmas too.

The club must have 50+ players on their book from Academy upwards. It would have been good 'media' training for the young players supported by a handful of established stars.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:Jesus :angry:

Why does our club keep shooting itself in the damn foot!!

There was a similar debacle at one of the training camps re player no show. To be fair Mick Hogan put together a very decent apology package and it was virtually his first week at the club. I presumed it was a one off.

However to see this now happening again and AGAIN young children / at Christmas too.

The club must have 50+ players on their book from Academy upwards. It would have been good 'media' training for the young players supported by a handful of established stars.
I did notice that Mick was logged on after i had commented so hopefully he has read the various comments and gone away to find out what happened. Lets watch this space!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

That is the one good thing. Mick Hogan does view this and rlfans websites. Strikes me he is being let down by other club employees.
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I've been on previous years and though the panto is a bit rubbish younger kids do seem to like it. My sister in law did go yesterday and she commented people were going mad that no-one from the team turned up to sign the traditional autographs.

In previous years the vast majority of players from the first team have gone, so all I can conclude is that the club specifically did not request their presence.

It may have been either a deliberate change in club policy or a genuine oversight, but in either case it's a poor deal. I would have been annoyed becuase in previous years my nipper has always looked forward to getting her top signed.

The combination of stadium troubles, signing confirmations, no additional conditioning staff (highlighted in the fans forum) and lack of player community work makes me worry about the way the club is being run.

Mick Hogan

Post by Mick Hogan »

Dear All

Can I start by apologising to all who attended and were expecting the appearance of a number of players. For whatever reason the players were not told about the event so it is unfair to blame them. What we are now doing is to find out why they were not told about the event? That investigation is currently underway and will be concluded tomorrow.

We are now looking at how we can compensate those families who did attend. An answer will be with them very shortly.

The real shame about incidents like this is that it undermines the good work done by the players and the dozens of visits they do every month. However we need 100% success in these areas and anything less will not do.

Once again apologies for this most unsatisfactory turn of events. We will find out why and put it right.

Regards

Mick Hogan
CEO
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cheers Mick.

Do we have enough staff? or is it a communication issue?

Just an idea. A pre Xmas meet the players for those kids who went to the panto and were let down.