I've just been mugged..........by E.On

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
doc

I've just been mugged..........by E.On

Post by doc »

Just got a letter through from the thieving gits wanting to put my monthly direct debit up from £92 to £172 (87% increase).

Ring up their call centre, as surely something must be wrong,me, a professional, on a good salary, now about to join the ranks of those in fuel poverty.

Ask has my direct debit been set too low and am I hence a long way short in my payments. Answer: No £28, about right give or take a bit over a year. I pay it off by credit card.

Right, whats your next excuse for bumping up my payments. Answer: Well based on last years winter usage and the fact that we've had to increase our charges by 20%/extort 20% more money from our customers we had to increase your payments.

My reply: Well that still doesn't explain an 87% increase in my bill, plus I've just had a new condensing boiler fitted so increased efficiency.

I eventually got them down to £144 a month with a review in May, but I still can't help feeling that someone has smacked me over the back of the head and run off with my wallet.

The thing is, if it's starting to bite for me how bad must it be biting the low paid and pensioners (baring in mind E.On's ownership they must think that the Germans eventually won the war).

All Maggie's privatisations of the coal/oil/gas/electric industries did was put millions into the pockets of the already rich and thousands of miners on the dole. Come the glorious day brother, the fat cats in from the various fuel suppliers should be the first up against the wall....

Anyway, rant over. Here's a fun game. Imaginining the turkeys are the CEO of E.ON really cheers me up!

http://www.southbank-design.co.uk:80/tu ... /index.htm
pedro

Re: I've just been mugged..........by E.On

Post by pedro »

go on u switch and find the cheapest and switch. I have chnaged suppliers about 4 times last year alone. Go with the cheapest and then every few months someones else will be cheaper. Its free to do and has saved me 100's of pounds on the year. Do it with my gas also.
doc

Post by doc »

Checked on Uswitch. Only cheaper options are those that lock you in for 12 months before you get the discount or those that charge 30 quid for cancelling both gas and electrcity supply should I change supplier again at a later date. Maximum saving I could make would be £140 a year on either of the above. Neither option is particularly great considering I am try to sell my house and move back to the rugby playing capital of the universe.

The annoying thing is that they like to "manage" their customers so that they get well in front on their payments. Should you change supplier E.on pay back the surplus but they have been earning interest on it in the mean time.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

doc wrote:Just got a letter through from the thieving gits wanting to put my monthly direct debit up from £92 to £172 (87% increase).

Ring up their call centre, as surely something must be wrong,me, a professional, on a good salary, now about to join the ranks of those in fuel poverty.

Ask has my direct debit been set too low and am I hence a long way short in my payments. Answer: No £28, about right give or take a bit over a year. I pay it off by credit card.

Right, whats your next excuse for bumping up my payments. Answer: Well based on last years winter usage and the fact that we've had to increase our charges by 20%/extort 20% more money from our customers we had to increase your payments.

My reply: Well that still doesn't explain an 87% increase in my bill, plus I've just had a new condensing boiler fitted so increased efficiency.

I eventually got them down to £144 a month with a review in May, but I still can't help feeling that someone has smacked me over the back of the head and run off with my wallet.

The thing is, if it's starting to bite for me how bad must it be biting the low paid and pensioners (baring in mind E.On's ownership they must think that the Germans eventually won the war).

All Maggie's privatisations of the coal/oil/gas/electric industries did was put millions into the pockets of the already rich and thousands of miners on the dole. Come the glorious day brother, the fat cats in from the various fuel suppliers should be the first up against the wall....

Anyway, rant over. Here's a fun game. Imaginining the turkeys are the CEO of E.ON really cheers me up!

http://www.southbank-design.co.uk:80/tu ... /index.htm
Doc im in the same boat. A few months back they tryed to chance my direct debit from £101 to £174 a month so got onto them & was told if i payed monthely by payment card could get it down to £145. So only thing i could do as all things going up. But after the winter i will be changing suppliers.

so i know how you feel mate. Iv just glad thing have been swings and roundabout for me and more up's than downs.

So merry Xmas to one and all

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

we pay £40 electric £40 gas with british gas per month - good deal. look on their website if you wish, seems a good deal (so far anyway)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Around £35 leccy & £40 Gas on the card meters, can't beat em, prefer them to a bill or direct debit
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

ancientnloyal wrote:we pay £40 electric £40 gas with british gas per month - good deal. look on their website if you wish, seems a good deal (so far anyway)
I was very similar to you (with british gas) - was "coerced" into changing on the doorstep to npower and not only did the repayments "shoot up", but I was expected to pay the shortfall in payments that had accrued over time before I could swap - a figure of over £200 (this was nearly 5 years ago). Never have a good word for and always chase off from my doorstep, anyone from npower since. Especially after winter, finding that the direct debits that they had increased, did not pay for the usage and they expected a payment of over £600 (for both gas & electric together) to put the account back into the red.

Robbing shysters the lot of 'em - I couldn't agree more with you.
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I had token meters with npower which were topped up regularly, when I got them removed I was sent a bill for £200 standing charges. This was even though I was £400 in credit on another account which I couldn't claim.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."