Re: Which overseas players do you not want at Wigan?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Post by markill »

ah and so another thread gets waylaided by personal agenda that is unnecessary and fruitless...it also doesn't say 'i don't want better foreigners to replace the ones we have that i don't think are good enough' either so why jump to conclusions.

The thread seems to have been intended to be a discussion about the overseas players at the club and what we think of the guys we have in those slots. I personally don't want Tim Smith here if the rumours are true that he is so unhappy, and frankly irractic and inconsistent with his performances last year (and can't tackle).

I'm happy with Bailey even though there are better players out there, he seems to help our younger (tomkins, mossop) back rowers and also assist our loose cannon (hock) too in there. works hard, cares about the club and could we get better for the same money? there are no guarantees on that.

Use our quota better might be a message to take from this thread though people.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I could think of a couple of Brits who would be the first to go before any overseas players,namely Fielden and Mathers.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

[quote="DaveO"

I am starting to get concerned S Tomkins will see little action in 2009 and may leave. He feels he is ready (read an article/interview about him in the Obbo when visiting my parents which was very good) and as he approaches 20 it's about time he got a good go in the side

If Smith does not return and we sign Bird as is rumoured I am sure he will wonder what is going on.

Dave[/quote]

I have made these same comments with CPWigan Dave, and I think this will happen if we don't give him the chance this season :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan