Drums,noise And Atmosphere.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
tonyjoe

Drums,noise And Atmosphere.

Post by tonyjoe »

Went to watch a game of ice hocky at Altringham watching the Manchester pheonix playing belfast giants.Fist time ever been to a game so didnt know what to expect.
The atmosphere,noise and general good feel vibe was seconed to none!!. They had at least 4 drummers and a guy on the mike who really knew how to get the crowd going.The drummers never stopped drumming and the crowd never stopped singin, even though Manchester were getting beat and eventually lost.The great escape was being banged out on the drums and the crowd sang along !!! You would think it was a cup match and not just a league game.
Anyway what im trying to say if our lads want to watch some decent drummers who got the crowd goin then go and check them out.Anyone who has never been to an ice hocky game then i would reccomend giving it a try.
ian b

Re: Drums,noise And Atmosphere.

Post by ian b »

the 2 lads that drum in the east stand next to me do a good job imo and we make loads of noise!!its just a shame the rest of the stand wont join in!!.
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

1st time ive been !!! Defo go again !! and to any one who are interested if you log on to Rock Manchester 106.1 and follow the link to the Pheonix page you can register and get 4 free tickets !! Defo worth avin a look.Wish our drummers were as good as the ones i witnessed last night.I thought they did a real good job !!!
mackie1981

Post by mackie1981 »

tonyjoe wrote:Went to watch a game of ice hocky at Altringham watching the Manchester pheonix playing belfast giants.Fist time ever been to a game so didnt know what to expect.
The atmosphere,noise and general good feel vibe was seconed to none!!. They had at least 4 drummers and a guy on the mike who really knew how to get the crowd going.The drummers never stopped drumming and the crowd never stopped singin, even though Manchester were getting beat and eventually lost.The great escape was being banged out on the drums and the crowd sang along !!! You would think it was a cup match and not just a league game.
Anyway what im trying to say if our lads want to watch some decent drummers who got the crowd goin then go and check them out.Anyone who has never been to an ice hocky game then i would reccomend giving it a try.
i would second this i am a season ticket holder at manchester phoenix. i am not sure what links i can post here so if anyone wants to know anything about the team just pm me and i will give you the website
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

your deffo right about atmosphere at ice hockey. i used to watch manchester storm a lot at the nynex arena and when it changed to men and it was amazing how the atmosphere was but i didnt and still dont understand how they went bankrupt when they was getting average crowds of 10-12,000 a game and i even went when they had a european record attendance of 17,000+ against sheffield steelers and if they was at men then id go back.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Bear

Post by Bear »

Im going to premier league darts for the first time in march. Cant wait for the intervalas :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

tonyjoe wrote:1st time ive been !!! Defo go again !! and to any one who are interested if you log on to Rock Manchester 106.1 and follow the link to the Pheonix page you can register and get 4 free tickets !! Defo worth avin a look.Wish our drummers were as good as the ones i witnessed last night.I thought they did a real good job !!!
Iv always like ice hockey and found a team near me, the paisley pirates so might go watch them at the wk-end

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I have been once at the Nynex to watch Manchester, they gave us an inflatable plastic tube, folded in half then used as giant clappers - was amazing
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Went to an ice hockey game years ago in Milwaukee and its the only game besides RL that the time flies by so fast you are amazed the game is over, its that involving to watch.

However over there every time someone scored it would be greeted by a fanfare of cheesy music played on an organ.

The atmosphere was also a bit artificial as it was orchestrated rather then spontaneous.

Dave
tonyjoe

Post by tonyjoe »

Our shirts are alot better than the ice hocky shirts!!! Wots goin on with the designs on them !!!!! :( As i said earlier log on to 106.1 on the net and follow the link to the pheonix for free guest tickets.Nowt else to do at this time of year !!!! And for those who like a bit of rock music great site !!! great music !!!