RFL consider two refs per match

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
wall_of_voodoo

RFL consider two refs per match

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Just when you thought that the quality, consistency and standard of referees in the competition was about as weak as it could be, the rfl are now considering following the nrl into appointing two officials per game. How? Who? Money from where?
RFL officials director Stuart Cummings will scrutinise the dual-referee system and has not ruled out bringing it to Super League.

"We'll be looking very closely and, if it works, we should be looking at it, even though we would have a big problem personnel-wise," he said.
Meanwhile, the RFL have begun advertising for a full-time referee to fill the vacancy caused by Ashley Klein's return to Australia and Cummings plans to use Championship officials in Super League in the meantime.

Frenchman Thierry Alibert has already been appointed to the full-time panel following the decision to increase the number of teams in Super League to 14 and the RFL are offering a two-year contract to a seventh referee
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... r_ref_move
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll: