Wigan vs Wakey Reactions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Wigan vs Wakey Reactions

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Looks like its going to be another season of unachieving and rubbish
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TedMac

Re: Match Reactiob: Wigan 6 Wakefield 12

Post by TedMac »

Noble's inability to fire Wigan up for the opening matches is pathetic. We kick off at home to one of the relegation favourites in front of a large upbeat crowd and.......?

By any reasonable standards, we should have been good enough to put Wakey to bed by 20 points minimum. :(
Ted Mac
ancientnloyal

Re: Wigan vs Wakey Reactions

Post by ancientnloyal »

Oh dear 6-12

Mathers (i dont need say more)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i know we are gonna get some people who say "oh doom and gloom because of one loss" but no im sorry wakefield with 8 players out at home should provide no issue for us, todays match just confirms how poor the attitude of our team is. Im sick to the back teeth we are becoming a laughing stock
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Fawdoffshed wrote:Sadly (?) my daughter (who I've always attended matches with) gets married this year, so I didn't renew my season ticket.

And I'm bloody relieved I didn't.
we're in the same boat i get married and not renewed, glad i didnt go today being cold :)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
tommo46

Post by tommo46 »

only time we looked like scoring imo, is with tommy at dummy half and with tomkins and hansen on field, dont agree with booing tho, isnt gonna do anyone any good, but mathers was awful!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Just got home. I will post my thoughts later when I have calmed down. Wakefield deserved to win. We ran about like headless chickens. Imagine a schoolboy team where a team stands and each tackle somebody catches the ball and has to run it on their own with no passing/no support and you have Wigan RLFC.

Mathers should have been sent off not sin binnd and banned for several games. He tried to karate kick an opponent running past him.

It was awful. I cannot post half of what I know but this once great club is in serious free fall. Things are happening that are amateurish and our great coach you would not believe how bad he truly is.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Why is it still a supprise when effectively
The same squad turn out and play the same as
Last season? Why noble thinks we couldn't
Play epansive rugby last year because the squad
Wasn't up to it, and yet this year we can - I
Just do not understand - the squad is effectively
The same.

Mathers atleast has changed - he's got worse!

The right side defence was woefull.
Smith, phelps and amos defending together,
Who's idea was that?

Lockers, tommy and tompkins looked to have become more powerfull
This year, I expect them to have good
Seasons.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
weststandguy

Re: Match Reactiob: Wigan 6 Wakefield 12

Post by weststandguy »

They're not relegation favourites 'cos there is no relegation,but I see your point
Totally predictable,no creativity and how many flamin' handling errors!!
Piggy Riddell looked like a 37 year old instead of 27
Our beloved Captain did nowt,
and don't get me started on Richie boody Mathers. :angry: :angry:
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears..and I've been to St Helens"-john Bishop
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Didn't see the match - but it looks like Barrett was even better than we thought! This is essentially the same side that smashed les cats away from home; minus Higham and Barrett

Wakefield (with all respect) are a bottom of the table club of has-beens and never-weres and all their best players are injured! If we can't beat them with a full squad after a full preseason then something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

Will Noble last the season? Would he have survived at any other club?

I was planning to come up and see a few matches this year - however I think that I will spend the money on something else; because had I driven for 3 hours to watch us collapse to Wakefield; I would have probably had an aneurysm!

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------