New Shirt Guarantees.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
First Try Tickle

New Shirt Guarantees.

Post by First Try Tickle »

Just wondering if anyone involved with the club or Kooga will be able to give us any guarantees that this new shirt won't be for 1 season only.

Most people will have to wait until mid march before purchasing thier new shirt, this is only seven months off the grand final.

If a new shirt is due for the season after, the old one starts to drop in price around Aug/Sept, so it would only be a five month wait to save some money.

pedro

Re: New Shirt Guarantees.

Post by pedro »

IL said at the fans forum that the new short design for next year is already being worked on.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

there is the old addage

Cudnt organise one in a brewery
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

the_cow

Post by the_cow »

I think you are fooling yourself if you think the club will switch to one new shirt every new year- they need the revenue. IL has gone on record saying he wants to increase revenues and has brought in (Hulk) Hogan to make money.

The simple thing to do is to buy a shirt only when you like it / want one- I usually buy an away one at the beginning of the season (if I like it) and then wait until the end of the season to pick up a home one for a few quid on discount (they all look the same- cherry and white in varying degrees and usually with a jjb badge on until this year).
NOBLE OUT PLEASE- YOU'VE HAD TIME AND NOW MY PATIENCE HAS RUN OUT!

IT'S ONE THING TO LOSE, IT'S ANOTHER TO PLAY DIRE AND BORING RL AND THEN LOSE!
markill

Post by markill »

the_cow wrote:I think you are fooling yourself if you think the club will switch to one new shirt every new year- they need the revenue. IL has gone on record saying he wants to increase revenues and has brought in (Hulk) Hogan to make money.

The simple thing to do is to buy a shirt only when you like it / want one- I usually buy an away one at the beginning of the season (if I like it) and then wait until the end of the season to pick up a home one for a few quid on discount (they all look the same- cherry and white in varying degrees and usually with a jjb badge on until this year).
plus home ones make you look like a campino sweet cow!

i'm still not sure if i'll bother this year because there will be new ones by xmas i'm sure, although the pink one didn't bring much luck on sunday so i might have to try these new ones out yet. how crazy was it to not see any shirts in the crowd that were the same as those on the pitch though! more pink shirts at warrington than new home shirts on opening day - wierd!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

[quote="First Try Tickle"]Just wondering if anyone involved with the club or Kooga will be able to give us any guarantees that this new shirt won't be for 1 season only.[/QUOTE]

Mick Hogan told me they are working on next years design already. This seasons shirt was done in double quick time as it normally takes from about Feb to get the designs done for the season after.

Dave
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

There are bound to be new shirts next year, the Mecca deal is a one year deal, so new sponsor next year, therefore new shirt.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Money making isnt it.

its a matter of choice and cost. If you want one buy one, if you cant afford it move on. nowt you can do.

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame