Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

It is time for Lockers to act like a captain tonight. We have just witnessed one of the worst performances on record from a Wigan team and now we as fans must look to him to stand up and be counted. Tonight he must act like a captain both in play and his verbal contribution. Whatever it takes he must lead by example play a solid game, encourage his team and let them know if things are going wrong.

Let’s see some fire from him, that’s what the fans want some passion, let’s see him raise his voice tonight.

If not time to change the captain….. No more of this pathetic performance from our team and no more not being a captain please.

We as fans now demand it!

highland convert

Re: Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

Post by highland convert »

It would depend on the support and input Brian Noble gives him. If Lockers wants a player sanctioned and changed for lack of effort and Noble does not back the call there is little Lockers can do. Without sanctions the title has no clout. A bit like the playground. "No punish poor children" means "children dont listen." If Lockers leads and they go their own way or counter his call the team is in disarray. Sound familiar, Jim
kirkamania

Post by kirkamania »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Lockers Stand up and act like a Captain

It is time for Lockers to act like a captain tonight. We have just witnessed one of the worst performances on record from a Wigan team and now we as fans must look to him to stand up and be counted. Tonight he must act like a captain both in play and his verbal contribution. Whatever it takes he must lead by example play a solid game, encourage his team and let them know if things are going wrong.

Let’s see some fire from him, that’s what the fans want some passion, let’s see him raise his voice tonight.

If not time to change the captain….. No more of this pathetic performance from our team and no more not being a captain please.

We as fans now demand it!
Agree with all of that

But I like many doubt we will see fire,passion and a loud voice from him so the other thing he HAS to do is lead by example

Solid runs, crunching tackles, NO mistakes

I am sure this would make us all happy and 2 points of course :D
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I've said for a long while now about how quiet O'Loughlin is. Not a born leader at all. He has to come out of his shell and get a bit of fire in his belly and be proud to be one of the few local lads in the team playing for his home town club. Can't go to the match tonight due to work commitments, but for the ones who are going, I hope it's not another disappointing night out, and that Lockers and co prove that last week was just a blip.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

It didn't happen last year so why would it change now. Lets face it his captaincy style is not what everyone wants or thinks it should be. :conf:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Rather than question his captaincy why not ask why he retains the captaincy year on year. Does the club know better than the terraces. Jim
ian b

Post by ian b »

i think lockers is a decent player,but i believe he was only made captain so he did not go to the nrl.I still think fielden should be captain because i think he is a natural leader.I know he has not produced last season but maybe that was due to injury.I believe though he does give 100% and i reckon being made captain would bring the best out him,i also think he would shout and point the finger which is exactly what o'loughlin doesnt
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

I don't care what anyone says, blaming Lockers is far too easy. He is not Andy Farrell but not many people are. Farrell was a World Class player and a world class leader and comparisons are unfair.
13 or 14 players played well under there potential on Sunday and if they can not motivate themselves to play for one of if not the most prestigous club in World Rugby League, 15k fans then the issue lies with the individual not the captain.
I agree that Lockers may not be the best captain in the world but he gets far too much stick.
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

ian b wrote:i think lockers is a decent player,but i believe he was only made captain so he did not go to the nrl.I still think fielden should be captain because i think he is a natural leader.I know he has not produced last season but maybe that was due to injury.I believe though he does give 100% and i reckon being made captain would bring the best out him,i also think he would shout and point the finger which is exactly what o'loughlin doesnt
I think Fielden would make a good captain. He's never afraid to admit where things are going wrong and is always truthful when he has been in South Stand Club after games.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

If my memory serves me right, haven't a number of clubs appointed more than one captain, to share responsibility and leadership? Why not Wigan? Would this work?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!