salford v celtic crusaders

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian b

salford v celtic crusaders

Post by ian b »

watched the match last night and saw how well young Myler played again along side j smith.My 2 points are that this partner ship is new and yet they seem to play well together and myler is only 18,so surely tomkins should play alongside smith and tommy should be at no9.I know it is to late and i dont dispute Riddell is a good player but we just dont need him,do we?.

I have moved this from the Warriors forum to General rugby :)
MrDave

Re: salford v celtic crusaders

Post by MrDave »

Myler is a very talented player possibly the next big thing in English rugby league.

The difference is Myler is a lot better than Sam Tomkins.
pedro

Post by pedro »

how do we know he is better? diffence is one is given a chance the other isnt except Myler is 2years younger than Sam
ian b

Post by ian b »

tomkins is a quality half back and it makes sense to play him and in doing so he improves with experience or wigan could let him go like they do with all their talent :conf:
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Same hype around Luke Robinson he was going to be the next Andy Gregory. Wigan fans wanted him played and he never really got the opportunities but when he was sold Wigan fans decided he wasn't good enough in the first place i.e. not 'Wigan' standard.

Huddersfield might be laughing at Wigan all the way to the play-off this year. Just seen the highlights of Catalans v Huddersfield with Robinson and Brown looking very good.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

we need to get tomkins in asap, we lost robinson but there apparently where reasons around that. Robinson was and is good enough for wigan, and people who think overwise are stupid. He was fantastic when he played for us.

We need to play sam tomkins, the lad is 20 now and if we do not play him soon he will get unsettled and will be requesting a move when he sees that younger players are getting games at other clubs. the same with ainscough, he is better than penny and riley at warrington and he will improve but he needs game time, nobby needs to put these two in soon otherwise it will be us looking back upon this in 3/4 years thinking how stupid we where. in my opinion wigans best backline would be...

1. richards
2. roberts
3. carmont
4. goulding
5. ainscough
6. sam tomkins
7. tim smith

with leuluai moving up to second hooker, it was proven in the world cup that leuluai was a better hooker than he is a scrum half. Is it only noble who cant see that we need the right mix to have a good talented side.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
ian b

Post by ian b »

that was point in the first place.Comparing him to myler is not the issue but if we dont play him he will leave as will smith when he is homesick and then what we left with?
pedro

Post by pedro »

I never rated him really. Couldnt set up a match looked good when coming on for Lam but never starting
ian b

Post by ian b »

well put warrior til i die! :wink:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fair play to Myler but I think both Sam and Eastmond at Saints are better players. However, Myler is the one getting the opportunity to prove he has what it takes.