Ellery Hanley To Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
THE 18th Man

Ellery Hanley To Wigan

Post by THE 18th Man »

In the League Weekly newspaper it has a rumour column and in it the man explains that Ellery Hnaley has not signed to do the 2 month tour of that ice dancing show citing that he might have other work to do. he goes on to mention the romour that Wigan may get him and that the relationship between Noble and Lenagan is rocky and been made worse by this shaky start
medlocke

Re: Ellery Hanley To Wigan

Post by medlocke »

But the guy is Dave Nosey Parker so nuff said on that one :eusa4:
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Cant see it happening, and not too sure that I would want it to.
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Hanley apparently has turned down the widnes job :conf:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If Wire dispense with Lowes they may go for Ellery. Moran their owner is friendly with Ellery.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Am I missing something, Has Hanley not been out the top flight too long, If coaches within can't keep up why look for someone out well out of it. Hearts ruling heads I think, Jim
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

highland convert wrote:Am I missing something, Has Hanley not been out the top flight too long, If coaches within can't keep up why look for someone out well out of it. Hearts ruling heads I think, Jim
Hahahaha you simple dont know Ellery Hanley then!

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think you both have valid points.

Ellery is slightly out of the loop re top line coaching and IMO would need to bring his own education up to date to be the very best coach he could be.

However, Ellery is an inspirational coach. He understands the basics of what a club needs to be successful / win. His basic grounding in coaching is incredibly strong. It just needs fine tuning.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Great players need not make great coaches. He came into the game as coach then left. Came back to coach a secod Div club for a pal and left. Seems his heart is not into coaching. Maybe the kudos of coaching Wigan will draw him back but do you wand him or a first rate aussie coach. Has he got the ability to coach top flight RL now. That is the thing. He will come with a three year deal or such like. What happens if he does not make it. Will you put your hand up and say I was wrong or will you be screaming for his head. I thing a first rate coach from down under is the order of the day. A proven track record. The thing is he sounds more like Millward the more I read about his attitude. Independent one track minded and does not care who he upsets. I don't know him at all so like many things I have to form opinions by what I read on here,
Jim
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be fair Jim you are incorrect re Doncaster. He did an excellent job and many of their players would testify to that. However, when they signed him as coach they hoped his name and better results would = better crowds and healthy finances. It never happened. The first partner pulled out half way through the season and at the end of the season the second partner (Ellery's close friend) pulled out leaving Hanley with no choice but to resign. Doncaster could simply not afford him any more. Had he not resigned he would have been released/made redundant. About half of the squad have similarly been released and moved on.