Do officials know what foul play is?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
white elephant

Re: Do officials know what foul play is?

Post by white elephant »

Its always a funny one when rob burrows is high tackled. If that same tackle was made on senior or peacock then it wouldnt have been high and everyone would be saying "What a tackle"! it must be hard not to high tackle rob unless you on your knees.

I do however think that taking rob burrows out of the game was part of manleys plan. they knew he would be the danger man!

Thought the ref was bad but he has been in his last few games. that stuarts job to sort him out!

WIGAN TILL I DIE

cpwigan

Re: Do officials know what foul play is?

Post by cpwigan »

All these tackles are very hard to judge. Maybe that is why Union has a ruling whereby you are not allowed to shoulder charge or simply attack the ball carrier rather than tackle them.

I think Whatmough was not deliberately trying to hurt Burrow but with a lot of these tackles he does so. What normally happens is with this 'loose' ball and all technique, the upper arm makes contact with the head of the opponent. If you ever watch Morley when he does this style of tackling it is exactly the same.

My confusion i why a penalty? It was either an acceptable tackle or it was an illegal tackle. If deemed illegal then it should have been a penalty and a onreport/yellow/red call