Win Nothing Unless

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan Watcher

Win Nothing Unless

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Win Nothing Unless

Well as I have said it before the start of the season we will not win anything and it was very evident last night why. I said before the start of the season that we cannot win anything with the forwards we have and boy did it show last night against an under strengthened Leeds team that did not fire on all cylinders, if they had well it is to frightening to think about. Forget this season boys and girls!

What Wigan need to do now is to target and build a complete new set of forwards or we will be in this boat next year and the year after that.

Players that MUST leave Wigan before we can compete with other big name teams are

Fielden
Bailey
Lockers
Coley
Hansen

Other players coming through don’t look up to the mark to me but hey Ill give them a chance if we get rid of this poor set of players.

weststand-rich

Re: Win Nothing Unless

Post by weststand-rich »

Hi WW,

a touch harsh perhaps given the possession splits. After the disproportionate defending Wigan did espcially in the first 25 minutes they must have been fec*ed. The game was won for Leeds fairly quickly.

I couldn't really fault Wigan's effort last night, but Leeds had one of those golden nights were everything seemed to come off and to go their way. Likewise on the mirror image- everything Hock did turned to sh*te last night and the 2 quick tries we got were disallowed. Leeds also seem to have developed Saint Helens like skill in forward passing that referees ignore in a trance like stupor.

Last night was disappointing but I can take it on the chin. I'm more worried about the early losses than that.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree Rich few people on here dont seen to give Leeds credit for being the best team in SL and for the ist 20 mins showed us why.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Are those Leeds forwards any better than their Wigan counterparts. As a pack, as a team Leeds are far far better. Individually, I would argue they are anything but.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Wigan Watcher wrote:Win Nothing Unless

Well as I have said it before the start of the season we will not win anything and it was very evident last night why. I said before the start of the season that we cannot win anything with the forwards we have and boy did it show last night against an under strengthened Leeds team that did not fire on all cylinders, if they had well it is to frightening to think about. Forget this season boys and girls!

What Wigan need to do now is to target and build a complete new set of forwards or we will be in this boat next year and the year after that.

Players that MUST leave Wigan before we can compete with other big name teams are

Fielden
Bailey
Lockers
Coley
Hansen

Other players coming through don’t look up to the mark to me but hey Ill give them a chance if we get rid of this poor set of players.
Are you feeling ok WW, appreciate not good getting beat but think your way too harsh there, especialy Hansen, im sorry but way off the mark IMO!
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Out of the players listed, Coley would be the ONLY one i would consider getting rid of, like said above, bailey is great second row!
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

Fielden
Bailey
Lockers
Coley
Hansen

you cant say he's sacked and he's sacked and so on because last week they were faultless - granted there needs to be a shake up but your sackings are a bit harsh - although its your opinion and your entitled to it
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

Fielden
Bailey
Lockers
Coley
Hansen

Im sorry WW but think your way off the mark.I tought Fielden was pretty good last night and thought Coley had his best game so far this season.Hansen is not my type of player but like has been posted earlier he; the best defensive player last season so why do you get rid f him.Lockers gets through a raft of work. IMO its the way the pack are told to play thats the problem.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Well every thing is fine then ,we dont need to change anyone then...what a joke.

Wake up people, wake up!

The players listed are not good enough if they were then we would be a good team.

Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I wouldn't be sad to see Coley and Bailey leave at the end of the year. Bailey was a liability in attack and defence last night - he is not bad in the second row but we have a lot of coverage and some huge talents coming through.
I wasn't too despondent after last night, as Leeds showed us the bench mark, and we dug in when we could have been blown away. We could even had got closer with a bit of luck.
Looking ahead, I would move Lockers to 12 and find a new captain, sign a better full back (with all due respect to Richards, who is a super player for us), and let Phelps, Coley, Bailey, Smith and Mathers go. We can lose all of those without weakening the squad, and that gives us masses of room to recruit well. IL has always said that the contracts were so structured we would have to wait till next year before they could properly re-build the squad. Now we have shown that we will give our youngsters a chance I am happy to put up with some inconsistency while Tomkins and co develop.
With one of Leeds and Saints to be knocked out of the Cup, this could be our year.