Re: Wire smashed by Harlequins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

Ho Ho that's a shocker, and we have been complaining about our team.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

like they say theres always someone more worse off then yourself and it couldnt happen to nicer people
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I wonder when p'n'b will come back...?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

just hope we do them when we meet, could be an embaressing outcome if not
ancientnloyal

Quins literally CRUSH warrington (60-8)

Post by ancientnloyal »

Harlequins 60-8 Warrington

Warrington's poor start to the Super League season continued as they slumped to their fifth successive defeat.

In-form Harlequins raced into a 30-8 half-time lead thanks to tries from Luke Dorn, Danny Ward, Karl Temata, Matt Gafa and Danny Orr.

In reply, the Wolves, now coached by Tony Smith, could only muster scores from Vinnie Anderson and Paul Rauhihi.

Quins sealed the win with second-half tries from Chad Randall, David Howell, Chris Melling and two for Luke Gale.

As well as his first-half try, Orr added 10 conversions to take his personal tally for the game to 24 points in a match that saw Quins record their third win of the season.

The stand-off also had a hand in three other tries and was generally superb for the hosts.

606: DEBATE
Have your say on the game
The opening quarter was a lot closer than the final score suggests but Warrington had no answer to the avalanche of pressure from the home side.

Quins crossed five times in a ruthless opening 40 minutes with the try of the half coming just five minutes before the break.

Winger Will Sharp made a searing break before Orr's cross-kick found Gafa in acres of space to gather and stroll over the line.

Orr himself took advantage of Daniel Heckenberg's break just before the half to send Quins into the interval with a 30-8 lead.

The momentum remained with the home side in the second 40 minutes, with Quins scoring at will.

Randall's early try, the first of five for Quins in the second-half, all but ended the game as a contest.

Further tries followed in the final quarter from Gale (2), Howell and Melling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harlequins coach Brian McDermott:
"We have a formula in place that relies a lot on hard work and we are playing with real style at the moment.

"But putting 60 points on Warrington will mean absolutely nothing to us when we come back to training on Tuesday.

"I'm not bothered about expectations, we just need to concentrate on playing well and everything else will take care of itself."

Warrington coach Tony Smith:
"As far as I am concerned we have hit the lowest point, but sometimes you have to reach that to start climbing again.

"The players have to make a choice. They can either go and sulk or stick with me and try to rectify things.

"The scoreboard rarely lies and we were comfortably second best today.

"I thought both sides started shakily, but Quins tightened up and we didn't, so we have no complaints about the result."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harlequins: Wells, Melling, Gafa, Howell, Sharp, Dorn, Orr, Temata, Randall, Ward, Robinson, Clubb, Mbu. Replacements: Heckenberg, Golden, Gale, McCarthy-Scarsbrook.

Warrington: Hicks, Johnson, Gleeson, Grix, King, Briers, Monaghan, Morley, Clarke, Rauhihi, L. Anderson, V. Anderson, Mitchell. Replacements: Wood, Higham, Pickersgill, Harrison.

Referee: T Alibert (Toulouse).

https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wire are in a real mess. Monaghan is desparate to go back to Aus. Alongside Bradford the are the worst club in SL for producing their own talent.

Unfortunately, we play them very late in the season IIRC.
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Warrington, Bradford and Wigan are all suffering from the same problem. They have bought loads of players but not actually built a team.

Bradford haven't really gone for the big names in the same way that Wigan and Warrington have but I don't think Steve McNamara has the experience to know how to put together a squad.

If you look at the league the top 7 perhaps with the exception of Hull KR, all the teams have been building teams or a while and the franchise has really helped them.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

I see Side show bob is in trouble for getting into a little altrication with some fans,

some say he was auditioning for the new nescafe hand shake!!!..

ste

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ngton.html

And has apologised for it.

To be honest; considering the amount of money he is being paid and the wide selection of p!ss poor performances he has turned in; it's hardly surprising that he is a target for criticism from the fans - it's not like he is being picked on unfairly is it?

To be honest I doubt he will see out his contract; if he stays to collect his pay cheque at the Halliwell Jones then he may well find that no-one wants to pay him minimum wage when his contract is up.

He has yet to show even a glimmer of what he produced in the NRL. The games I have watched he looks decidely disinterested and is pretty much invisible in attack or defence. Whilst I enjoy watching wire lose (especially as it means we don't have to tolerate p'n'b); it is a shame when one of the exciting stars of the NRL comes over and completely forgets how to play.

To think that we thought Vaeliki was bad! This guy is on a lot more money than he was! I'm just glad we didn't sign him!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
THE 18th Man

Matt King makes a finger gesture to Warrington Fans

Post by THE 18th Man »

according to bbc.co.uk rugby league section Matt King has apologised to fans for making a 1 finger gesture to them in the Harlequins defeat.

i firstly think well done Matt for admiting a mistake but can see why he did it

Although as fans we deserve to be entertained as paying fans (for any team even if it is Wire) and the fans have a right to say how they feel but singling out a player and bullying him is obviously gonna get a human reaction and Warrington fans were just bullying the man from the sounds of it.

Wire have no right bullying him if Wigan were on a similar run although i would be very anoyed i would NEVER single out a player and bully him