Stains v Leeds

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

Stains v Leeds

Post by highland convert »

The game was great but totaly spoiled by Bentham leaning so far one way he should have fallen over. Cunni should be sitting out a couple for a cowardly and very vicious facial. Not on report. Gilmour through a stream of punches Stains penalty cos Smith handed him of to wind him up. Pryce try jinked behind two stains leeds players before he run in. Puts Lockers offence last week to shame. Cheep trys from penalties to stains every time. Stains now hold down or pull tackler down as a matter of course. Blattent but allowed by Bentham. Stains Held down a break away winger for an age to allow their players to get back. No penalty. The commentators are off home to change underwear.
Jimbo
ste lord

Re: Stains v Leeds

Post by ste lord »

here here,

total bias comentators again,

Stains kick for touch and it goes over the dead ball line and all of a sudden its a fantastic kick according to eddie and his muppet, anyone else does it and its the worst thing ever,

good to see mr long walking with a limp,

Mauri Mauri hows your jaw!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

i watch the cricket but kept flicking over. seemed they were going hammer and tongues but the fights spoiled it. HC is correct, KFC got away with a lot...

still they are the two teams where the other 12 teams want to be, or ideally aim for come the latter rounds
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
turf

Post by turf »

highland convert wrote:The game was great but totaly spoiled by Bentham leaning so far one way he should have fallen over. Cunni should be sitting out a couple for a cowardly and very vicious facial. Not on report. Gilmour through a stream of punches Stains penalty cos Smith handed him of to wind him up. Pryce try jinked behind two stains leeds players before he run in. Puts Lockers offence last week to shame. Cheep trys from penalties to stains every time. Stains now hold down or pull tackler down as a matter of course. Blattent but allowed by Bentham. Stains Held down a break away winger for an age to allow their players to get back. No penalty. The commentators are off home to change underwear.
Jimbo
He wasn't brilliant then highland convert? I don't know because I went to Salford tonight to watch Wigan.

I wasn't impressed with Gareth Hewer to be honest, he looked very nervy when making decisions, i.e, looking to his touch judges (who as usual did nothing), and how Hewer didn't chalk off Salford's first try for offside is unbelievable.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ancientnloyal wrote:i watch the cricket but kept flicking over. seemed they were going hammer and tongues but the fights spoiled it. HC is correct, KFC got away with a lot...

still they are the two teams where the other 12 teams want to be, or ideally aim for come the latter rounds
Do you mean hammer and tongs? :)

Thought Benthan would have been better off pulling a stains shirt and getting it over with. After maria went for a little sleep, fatboy and ginger were warned after one of them said something about getting Bailey. Fatboy immediately gives a facial in the next tackle - should have been a yellow card. Likewise, gilmour was messing about, Smith pushed him away, so gilmour throws a load of punches - should have been a yellow at the very least. The only conclusion that I am come to is that Bentham must have left his cards at home.

Luckily long got clattered and limped off - so who knows? With a bit of luck he might be out for a few weeks :)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Saints and Leeds were excellent in that first 20 minutes. Saints did really well to withstand the only onslaught by Leeds who again dominated possession in the first 10 minutes.

The referee. Very poor. Bentham has no relationship with the players and threatened to turn avery good game into a bloodbath. The game became poorer as it progressed consequently.

The shoulder charge whilst not pleasant was legal. What worried me was the illegal underhand Saints ploys. Gilmour had his hand / finger in the face of Smith. Later Cunningham did exactly the same thing to at least 2 Leeds players. If they are gouging then that is one of the lowest ploys in RL. They are also constantly employing 'grapple' tactics. The tackling arm is coming above the shoulder on the ball carriers and making contact with the ball carriers face.

Suspension? NO Saints v Leeds is due to be televised. Hence the RFL will ignore everything.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:Saints and Leeds were excellent in that first 20 minutes. Saints did really well to withstand the only onslaught by Leeds who again dominated possession in the first 10 minutes.

The referee. Very poor. Bentham has no relationship with the players and threatened to turn avery good game into a bloodbath. The game became poorer as it progressed consequently.

The shoulder charge whilst not pleasant was legal. What worried me was the illegal underhand Saints ploys. Gilmour had his hand / finger in the face of Smith. Later Cunningham did exactly the same thing to at least 2 Leeds players. If they are gouging then that is one of the lowest ploys in RL. They are also constantly employing 'grapple' tactics. The tackling arm is coming above the shoulder on the ball carriers and making contact with the ball carriers face.

Suspension? NO Saints v Leeds is due to be televised. Hence the RFL will ignore everything.
Watched it just now, and couldn't believe the SKY muppets saying Bentham had a good game. As you say, he let so much dirty stuff go unpunished, it was bound to turn nasty at some point.

Hope Long's injury is nothing trivial, though. :cool:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Is it me or has Iron man Graham lost his bottle. He talks the talk but in general play seems so easy to put down. Certainly little forward drive for his size after initial contact.
Jim
doc

Post by doc »

but the fights spoiled it
Always thought a bit of fisticuffs added to the spectacle!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

yes the odd scuffle is fine but the bits i saw (i kept flicking channels) i just sat there and though 'blimey, not again!' to me it was annoying but, thats me...

hammer and tongues :) Matt you're right it would have been interesting to see Pryce tonguing Webb
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame