Richard Myler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TomThumb

Richard Myler

Post by TomThumb »

I went to the game on Friday and was impressed by his abilities, he's a great support player and has a good short kicking game.

He is only 19... I think it would be well worth putting an offer in for this lad before someone else does...

With the communist cap, we have to think long term as quick fixes havent worked in the recent past. I know someone elluded to this on another topic but Myler and Tomkins at Half back would be a great combination that would rule super league for the next 10 years or so... in the same way burrows and Mcquire have at leeds and Sean long and tommy martin/leon pryce have at saints.. we have seen that consistent half back combinations seem to be the way forward and these two young, british, talented youngsters could be a long term solution.
cpwigan

Re: Richard Myler

Post by cpwigan »

The big plus playing wise re Myler is that he is right sided which would allow Sam to switch to the left where he is even better.

It would gives us a young British half back combination etc etc which is great.

The only other altwernative I see is to try to sign Owen Farrel and play him at stand off.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I agree with you about him being good but i think him and sam in the same team wouldn't work they are both the same style and i stated on another thread i believe it will be them 2 fighting it out for the 7 GB jersey at some stage. I think sam is more a scrum half than a stand off, id like to see him at 7 paired with a pryce esq stand-off and lulu moved to 9 his best position in my opinion.

What excites me most is that sam is performing very well behind a very very average pack. we have good back rowers but no real power forwards feka is great when hes on but you cant run him for long enough we still need that terry o'connor or craig smith type prop who you know is going to make you yards everytime he has the ball and most importantly knows he's a prop and doesn't try anything flash carrys well and protects the ball. Feilden was meant to be that guy but he goes to ground far too easily. he's heading for his knees as he hits the line
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TomThumb

Post by TomThumb »

Why was this moved to general rugby topic, surely a player who would be suited to our side, who we played on Friday is surely worthy of the WEB WARRIOR Forum... some things are bizarre at best on this website....
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TomThumb wrote:Why was this moved to general rugby topic, surely a player who would be suited to our side, who we played on Friday is surely worthy of the WEB WARRIOR Forum... some things are bizarre at best on this website....
I moved it, because he doesn't play for Wigan Warriors and so to my mind it belongs in the General Rugby section.

The Warriors section is about Wigan, not about someone who played against or who you would like to play for Wigan.

BTW I think he is a good player also, and said at the match we could do well to try and sign him.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I presume so Mick. He was a Widnes academy player and when they went belly up Salford snapped him and Adam Sidlow up. I believe on the recommendation of Andy Haigh who had moved from Widnes to Salford as conditioner.
wiggydoran

Post by wiggydoran »

there is an article on Manchester Evening News web site about him. All the solford fans reckon he caused us all kinds of problem and played better then S Tomkins.

The article does say that he caused us all kinds of problems and was single handly ripping us to Peices.

Was i at a different game?

Salford made a few breaks and at times we did find it hard to bring him down but they did not score 1 single try from a break or a bit of skill he did.
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

He is not better than Sam...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The article is up in the news section here
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

You see we were impressed by Richie Myler, but Sam Tomkins is a player who has come through our own acadamy...

...but which is better...

... there's only one way to find out...

(first person to answer correctly wins a coconut!)
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!