Possible jail sentence for Pryce and Reardon

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Possible jail sentence for Pryce and Reardon

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Court.html
Two Great Britain rugby league stars were warned on Thursday they faced jail after admitting assault.
Adjourning sentencing for pre-sentence reports, Deputy District Judge Nick Watson told Pryce and Reardon: "You need to understand that a prison sentence is what I have in mind at the moment for this offence."
GeoffN

Re: Possible jail sentence for Pryce and Reardon

Post by GeoffN »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... Court.html
Two Great Britain rugby league stars were warned on Thursday they faced jail after admitting assault.
Adjourning sentencing for pre-sentence reports, Deputy District Judge Nick Watson told Pryce and Reardon: "You need to understand that a prison sentence is what I have in mind at the moment for this offence."
Much as I dislike LP, it looks to me like it's been blown up out of all proportion.
After shouting at his wife and calling her insulting names, Reardon grabbed her arm "momentarily", causing three bruises.
Pryce, from Bradford, then pushed O'Brien, who had armed himself with a rounders bat "for his own protection", causing him to stumble backwards and hit his head and neck on a pedal bin.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote: Much as I dislike LP, it looks to me like it's been blown up out of all proportion.
Having read the full article it looks to me the judge is basing his sentence on what he perceives the intent was not the actual outcome. He does not accept their excuses.

They did after all force entry by breaking the door down and had to go out of their way to confront the couple.

Dave
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

Ha ha ha, looks like he will be in jail before Bird!

Leon will fit in well in prison with his Ball handling skills...
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO wrote:
GeoffN wrote: Much as I dislike LP, it looks to me like it's been blown up out of all proportion.
Having read the full article it looks to me the judge is basing his sentence on what he perceives the intent was not the actual outcome. He does not accept their excuses.

They did after all force entry by breaking the door down and had to go out of their way to confront the couple.

Dave
Not sure how the law stands on that, but there's only so far "intent" can be taken; the actual injuries seem to be trivial. Trespass/breaking and entering, yeah, but assault (as distinct from ABH/GBH) rarely gets a jail sentence.
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

bear in mind that pryce was lucky not to go to prison a couple of years ago. i think it was for glassing someone in a pub.
pedro

Post by pedro »

over the hill wrote:bear in mind that pryce was lucky not to go to prison a couple of years ago. i think it was for glassing someone in a pub.
didnt go to court did it?
doc

Post by doc »

Offence could be classed as aggravated burglary due to the fact that the victims were in their own home at the time and threatened with violence. This usually incurs a harsher sentence than burglary alone.
over the hill

Post by over the hill »

pedro this is from the independent last year

Unfortunately, there have been other incidents which have reflected less well on him. In 2003, he was sentenced to 120 hours community service after admitting to using a glass in a clash with a former member of the Bradford coaching staff.

[/quote]
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

doc wrote:Offence could be classed as aggravated burglary due to the fact that the victims were in their own home at the time and threatened with violence. This usually incurs a harsher sentence than burglary alone.
Very true, this is far more serious than just grabing someones arm and pushin someone against a bin,

Could be also breaking and entering,

Dont wana see the lad in jail, but christ it would be a laugh for a week or so to take the pee out of them lot.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"