Time to move on

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
East Stand Faithful

Time to move on

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Thought Nobby did a great job post Millward but enough is enough. Up till now I have supported BN.

I want to see attacking rugby not boring one man rugby.

With Hudds spoiling and constant offside why did nobody chip over the top? Tactically clueless.

In a poor SL we are a bottom half team.

IL act now please
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
BIG JOHN

Re: Time to move on

Post by BIG JOHN »

I agree, Ian please act NOW as I do not want to be humilated by that lot (you know who I mean) and I am sure that you won't want to come and talk to the supporters in Edinburgh as you did in Cardiff cos that would mean there has been no improvement. There is only so much bu**sh** people will take before they go and spend their money elsewhere.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

East Stand re chip kicks etc it is the safety first mentality of the coach. He looks at things through worst case scenario not what they can and do lead to especially in such wet conditions. Sam Tomkins used to chip and regather for fun in the reserves. He is very good at it. Tonight it would have worked very well. Trent used to chip and regather but he was seemingly stopped as he played more games for Wigan. Tim Smith / Joel Tomkins had a brilliant short grubbr play that worked every time they used it last season, for some reason they never used it again and there was nothing in theory to stop Sam / Joel doing the same play.
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Must agree , how much longer have we got to put up with this type of rugby .
The team tonight seemed disinterested from the beginning .
Veivers was blaming the ref and the giants tackling technique , in the south stand bar after the game . But we couldn`t find an answer to playng against a team lying on and playing offside down the middle .
A reflection of where this teams going was in the attendance .
I hope you`re making a note IL.
East Stand Faithful

cpwigan wrote:East Stand re chip kicks etc it is the safety first mentality of the coach. He looks at things through worst case scenario not what they can and do lead to especially in such wet conditions. Sam Tomkins used to chip and regather for fun in the reserves. He is very good at it. Tonight it would have worked very well. Trent used to chip and regather but he was seemingly stopped as he played more games for Wigan. Tim Smith / Joel Tomkins had a brilliant short grubbr play that worked every time they used it last season, for some reason they never used it again and there was nothing in theory to stop Sam / Joel doing the same play.
Exactly. I have tried to support Noble. He is a decent bloke but I have had enough tonight. We are a poor team in a poor comp.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

jackoh wrote:Must agree , how much longer have we got to put up with this type of rugby .
Veivers was blaming the ref and the giants tackling technique , in the south stand bar after the game . But we couldn`t find an answer to playng against a team lying on and playing offside down the middle .
:eusa2:
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

jackoh wrote:Must agree , how much longer have we got to put up with this type of rugby .
Mr Lenagan has to start taking notice.
This seasons attendances:

Wakefield 14377

Castleford 12079

Bradford 12588

Huddersfield 11670

We will get a big attendance for our next game v Saints but the overall trend would be best demonstrated by someone wearing a pair of skis.
The dream mentioned at the fans forum of a 20,000 average is just a dream whilst this level of rugby is being churned out.

“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
clipper_j

Post by clipper_j »

Im new to RL. My first game was Wigan beating Saints, last game of regular season the year before last. I was impressed to say the least, not only by the performance but the electric atmosphere, the rivaly, and just the spectacle of it all. Last season I decided to watch most home games at the jjb and the away games on sky sports, this year I have a season ticket!

In the short time I have supported the Warriors I have rode a roller coaster of highs and lows. From beating Leeds at home by one point to getting thrashed in Cardiff by the scum.
A lot of you will have experienced many glorious years at the top, I have not, but I am loyal.

I am tired of seeing "fans" leaving early, the crowd was 20% less with 10 minutes left to play against the Giants. It is no suprise the players heads dropped and conceded two more tries.

If you are thinking that it is time to move on then do so! Glory hunting fans like you are nothing but a hinderance and there are plenty more people like me who will fill the gap left.
You all say you are ancient and loyal, where is the loyalty??
To be loyal is to stick with your team through good and bad.
You are supporters, you are meant to support your team.
And when is support needed most? When the thing you are supporting is falling.

STOP THE WIGAN WALK
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We got record attendances when we wre threatened with relegation. We decided to get the best coach in super league in brian noble with uncle Mo and DW stating that we would win something within 4 years, if not they'd leave the club. They left muche arlier due to our failings.

We have a squad capable of a top 4 finish and to be consistant. The last 3 seasons Wigan have played the same boring rugby it's got annoying. Noble is doing nothing and the life supporters have had enough of tis non-changing attitude that our club is doing. We are failings, our attendances are falling, we cant even get replica shirts out in time.

We need the change in coaching first off.

Weare all ancient and loyal but we aren't gullible.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
East Stand Faithful

clipper_j wrote:Im new to RL. My first game was Wigan beating Saints, last game of regular season the year before last. I was impressed to say the least, not only by the performance but the electric atmosphere, the rivaly, and just the spectacle of it all. Last season I decided to watch most home games at the jjb and the away games on sky sports, this year I have a season ticket!

In the short time I have supported the Warriors I have rode a roller coaster of highs and lows. From beating Leeds at home by one point to getting thrashed in Cardiff by the scum.
A lot of you will have experienced many glorious years at the top, I have not, but I am loyal.

I am tired of seeing "fans" leaving early, the crowd was 20% less with 10 minutes left to play against the Giants. It is no suprise the players heads dropped and conceded two more tries.

If you are thinking that it is time to move on then do so! Glory hunting fans like you are nothing but a hinderance and there are plenty more people like me who will fill the gap left.
You all say you are ancient and loyal, where is the loyalty??
To be loyal is to stick with your team through good and bad.
You are supporters, you are meant to support your team.
And when is support needed most? When the thing you are supporting is falling.

STOP THE WIGAN WALK
I think you must have mis-understood my OP.

My point was BN needs to go. I DID NOT mean I was going to stop supporting Wigan. I just think Noble has had long enough and he has proved to me that he is incapable of delivering entertaining rugby.

For the record I too was totally embarassed to see an empty stadium at the end. Yes I stayed until the end as I have for the last 20 + years as a season ticket holder.